What do you want us to do.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Gonna leave this up to you.
We are working hard to make 2.0 great . Its still a ways off but we need to start planning on the future after 2.0 .
So we are gonna leave it up to you. here are the options
1) forget gingerbread and continue to make a great froyo based rom.
2) after 2.0 move to Gingerbread keep in mind if we do this it will be probably 2 months before youll see a release.
3)wait until you see 2.0 and decide weather we continue with froyo and add featues or start over with gingerbread.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hate to say it but not sure these older devices will handle GB as well as they do froyo.
if we see people have successfully run GB (and this does not mean works great except for.......) then reexamine this.

PARick

Reaction score
Frankly, I don't get the Gingerbread-mania. But hey, that's just me!:)

neilrl79

Reaction score
go to gingerbread, i like the copy/paste features that gingerbread offers plus i don't know that you guys could improve upon froyo much more than you already have.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
lol

go to gingerbread, i like the copy/paste features that gingerbread offers plus i don't know that you guys could improve upon froyo much more than you already have.

............. i don't know that you guys could improve upon froyo much more than you already have........... WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:):)dancedroid:icon_ banana:

PHP:
xxxxxxxxxxx                xxxxxxxxxxxx    
                   x                 x                  x
                   x                 x                  x
                   x                x                  x
xxxxxxxxxxx                x                  x
x                                    x                  x
x                                    x                  x
x                         xx        x                  x
xxxxxxxxxxx      xx       xxxxxxxxxxxx

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I'll admit that I don't know all the differences between froyo and GB, but I say stick with what you can make more stable. And right now that appears to be froyo. You guys have done an amazing job making this ROM both very stable and very fast. I'd hate to see those two important characteristics suffer for the sake of incorporating GB ...

That being said, if GB is successfully built on D1 I say go for it. But let the other guys figure it all out :tongue: I'd rather you guys spend your valuable time continuing to fine tune and tweak the froyo version of Sourcery :biggrin:

listenman20

Reaction score
I'm with Yank on this. If GB ever gets a good build on the Droid then go for it. I'm happy with froyo. If GB can be made better than froyo then we'll see again.

Darkside86

Reaction score
Going to have to day go with gingerbread after 2.0. Gingerbread had some good features and will likely become the norm in roms soon anyways. And the whole goal is to push yourself and do more with your development skills. Just my 2 cents.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I say stick with stability through 2.0 as this is sweet saucery you are involved in.
Unless gb runs full, clean and clear on OG, but not before.
Cut n paste, there's apps for that sheezee.
Only thing GB has to offer that seems amazing is the NFC.
Read about it using this thing called wikipedia or sumthin, now that sounds awesome.
Though some may still prefer the AFC.

by the way is Yankinthasouth a euphemism for yankee the wankee

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Actually it was just me, unless you meant the royal we, like my hero The Dude oft uses.
Which reminds me, I want to build a team of the best of the best from each coding/modding/development arena and make a The Dude ROM.
Fully themed with preset animations, clips and soundboard.
Not for the easily offended as there would be a lot of audio clips and all pretty much offensive.
Perhaps it would be used as an evening ROM for off work hours.
The ROMs motto, The Dude Abides.

I digress.
NFC is something I don't fully understand, but then again is it that surprising as I want to become Hannibal in a Big Lebowski A-Team.
Stands for near frequency communication I think. And from what I read....OK what I had read to me sounded pretty cool.
Google it along with gingerbread to read about it.

Seriously though copy and paste is not a reason to do anything in life as far as being the motivator to go with this ROM in one direction.

I had to walk up hill both ways in 10 degree snowstorms everyday of my life for public school in Michigan, yes it snows in the Spring here....jealous?
So copy and paste doesn't really get me off. I mean we used to have to get off of our asses to change between the five channels on television. And send smoke signals to communicate with our fellow man.
A better copy and paste method, either felates the user, otherwise it ain't all that better.

Regardless you guys are doing great things with this ROM and I mean great, so I trust your gut instincts magicman and sourcerer.
Keep up with the sweet sweet saucery

sid_wisc

Reaction score
My two cent worth of thinking, and here it goes:

I believe and which most of us will agree that you guys do an incredible job in coming up things never seen before in any ROM. You two 'The Magicman' and 'The Sourcerer' are an incredible team and should stay with what you do best, coming up with something special in what we already have, "IMPROVEMENTS"....

I believe you two can bring tremendous improvements in what we have ever seen in the ROMs. Although I voted to say that "I will wait until 2.0 to say anything" but I think at that time also I will still say that you should stay on Froyo.

So the bottomline is "STAY WITH FROYO" do not get into the Ginger mania, Ginger is itself so asymmetric and distorted anyways so getting into it might create problems with the ROM which no one will appreciate, I included....

Last edited: