What do we do when the gingerbread OTA comes around?

AlexSB

Reaction score
I've always Been the one to leave my phone on all night. You never know when you might get a phone call at night, and my phones also my alarm.

Now one night, back on my d2(when I was stock); I put my phone to charge, went to sleep, woke up the next morning To a message saying that my phone had been successfully automatically updated.

With 2.3 update coming soon, what do we do to prevent the samething that happened on my d2?

AWESOMEbolt

Jeyman

Reaction score
I've always Been the one to leave my phone on all night. You never know when you might get a phone call at night, and my phones also my alarm.

Now one night, back on my d2(when I was stock); I put my phone to charge, went to sleep, woke up the next morning To a message saying that my phone had been successfully automatically updated.

With 2.3 update coming soon, what do we do to prevent the samething that happened on my d2?

AWESOMEbolt

should not happen, they dont force push any updates. if your stock a pop up will show up and ask if you want to update now, later, or cancel.

If your rooted you wont even get that update notice. some forms of rooting leave the code in that does check for updates(think some moto droids had this) But I dont think the TB has this issue.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Thanks just making sure, since a lot of people are speculating that the update could be on it's way soon it reminded me of that one incident I had back on my D2. Thanks for clearing things up.