wont turn off when charging

Tward

Reaction score
So my fiancee got an ally and we noticed last night when she tried to turn it off for the night while it was charging that it boots itself back up anyone else have this issue or is it just the phone itself. We are both new to android , I have the D2 and she got the ally and my D2 doesnt do this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my fiancee got an ally and we noticed last night when she tried to turn it off for the night while it was charging that it boots itself back up anyone else have this issue or is it just the phone itself. We are both new to android , I have the D2 and she got the ally and my D2 doesnt do this.

Yes, it's not unusual. I just tried my D2 and it does stay off when charger is on but my original Droid powers on while being charged. It's just the way it is.

OP
T

Tward

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, although it seems a little odd because in all reality the phone probably will never be turned off lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, do power it off from time to time. It seems like Android runs smoother after a reset.

OP
T

Tward

Reaction score
Thanks for the info again, I am coming from a BB Storm1 so I am use tto doing batery pulls almost once a day , is there a need to do this with the android os or is just a power down good enough. Also like the Blue and Gold in your avatar, makes me miss mine.