What camera problem?

hydro556

Reaction score
I am pleased with it. Excellent pictures, and quick. If the camera is our biggest complaint, this phone is a home run. And I think it is.

Until the next great thing. Loving mine.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Nice comparison. While the iPhone pic looks very noisy, it's much sharper. That's what I mean about the GN. All it's pics are soft and mushy, even when focused.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh boy..here we go again...lol.

Guess I'll throw in my opinion on this matter. It's a phone camera, not a DSLR. Yes there is a certain standard, but not every company puts their efforts into the camera, which is a luxury of smartphones (yes even though smartphones are a luxury, not quite yet a necessity). If you're happy with your phone's camera then great, if not then if the camera is that much of a deal, switch phones. We can sit and debate what kind of camera we wanted on our phone but it didn't happen. Compare all you want, point is that's the camera and we all see it differently.

jcardona1

Reaction score
It's a phone camera, not a DSLR

And here we go again with this crap. I don't understand why people say this. Nobody in this thread compared the camera on a phone to a DSLR. It was compared to another camera on another phone. Guess you can't even compare apples to apples these days :blink:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like dezymonds point. I wanted to by a good phone with the best possible camera that I could get. So I didn't have to wait for the nexus, I got the rezound. Simple no need to compare or argue little meaningless points. Most people don't by a phone for the camera. Those of us that do will research before we by rather then compare after. If you didn't understand that the Nexus camera was not the all mighty point of the nexus then you were not reading my friends, its been known for a while that it was above average but not the greatest ever.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I don't see any real difference in any of these pictures. I am not a nexus or rezound owner. If one has such a crappy camera...wouldn't you be able to tell one picture was terrible? I used to have a 1.3 MP camera and that took low quality pictures ...all these pictures look fine to me. I am not a photographer though.

Only the dead have seen the end of war ... and trolls :)

GoBears

Reaction score
Thanks thats what I wanted to see. Although that GNex pic looks a lot worse than mine. I like to see side by side photos. Either way I'm thrilled with this phone!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
wolstonc

wolstonc

Reaction score
I don't know why this turned into a nexus vs rezound thread. I was merely stating that myself and some others are having no issues and getting great pictures. I don't expect it to take better pictures than the rezound, but to call it crap when it takes pictures of my cat on par with my tbolt is ridiculous. Maybe you got a defective model, or the zero shutter lag outsmarts you. This camera performs great for me and outperforms my tbolt which has one of the best cameras, in low light, as the tbolt shows everything with an orange tint until the flash hits. I'm sorry your nexus is either defective or outsmarts you, but you shouldn't say its a crap phone when the rest of us are having great experiences. You have until the 15th to get yourself a slower but slightly better quality redondo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score
There must be a bunch of idiots on XDA too, that get outsmarted by their camera, because some are also complaining.

Post pictures from your Galaxy Nexus! - xda-developers

H
aving owned this thing for a while, I'm fairly confident in my ability to take a picture with a cell phone, but thanks for checking.

4885242069_e12bbac0ec_b.jpg

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I know the whole it's a smartPHONE not a camera... but they don't advertise and tout any of the "phone" features only the "smart" features one of which they greatly touted was the camera and for me it does not live up to it's billing, fast.... YES overall good camera for a phone IMO NO..

and yeah the camera is not "outsmarting" me...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What overexposure? What the heck are you saying? The GN pic isn't overexposed, and if was, that'd be another negative on its camera. My roommate has a Rezound. I'll take some identical side-by-side pics later, if that's what you really want. I'm not the first to say this camera sucks, and I certainly won't be the last so you'd better get used to that. It's not bashing or reaching and rambling. It's plain and simple observation. Anybody who has touched a Rezound will tell you without a doubt that it's a MUCH better camera. There's simply no denying that.

If we all say the Rezound camera is better will you stop posting?

You act like because the Nexus doesn't match the Rezound's camera that it's terrible. It's nonsense.

Here you go, a solution for your problem: View attachment 44012

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
If we all say the Rezound camera is better will you stop posting?

You act like because the Nexus doesn't match the Rezound's camera that it's terrible. It's nonsense.

Or how about you just skip over my posts, if it bothers you that much. What if it is a software issue that could be easily fixed? If everybody behaves like a mindless fanboy and never voices any concern, things like this would go unnoticed. The more people speak out about certain things, the more likely they are to be fixed. Look at the Bionic. If it wasn't for all the complaining, how would Moto/Verizon know what bugs to address in their next update?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or how about you just skip over my posts, if it bothers you that much. What if it is a software issue that could be easily fixed? If everybody behaves like a mindless fanboy and never voices any concern, things like this would go unnoticed. The more people speak out about certain things, the more likely they are to be fixed. Look at the Bionic. If it wasn't for all the complaining, how would Moto/Verizon know what bugs to address in their next update?

Sorry I don't find complaining helpful, you've posted your thoughts multiple times, even called it "garbage" I think we got the point 20 posts ago.

I agree pointing out issues allows Google to address issues, but the multiple posts are just pointless. I'll do as you advised and set you on ignore. First person I've ever ignored here.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
There must be a bunch of idiots on XDA too, that get outsmarted by their camera, because some are also complaining.

Post pictures from your Galaxy Nexus! - xda-developers

H
aving owned this thing for a while, I'm fairly confident in my ability to take a picture with a cell phone, but thanks for checking.

4885242069_e12bbac0ec_b.jpg

Hmmm now I am starting not to trust your expertise I mean if that were a Canon camera then I would agree with you more wholeheartedly.. :biggrin::biggrin: