I got to mess with one, and will definitely be buying ASAP

hydro556

Reaction score
My local Verizon store has 2 units and are not saying exactly when they will be for sale, only soon.

I got him to let me handle the phone though. Was pretty easy.

I was very impressed, size was not a factor. Much thinner and lighter than I expected. The screen was amazing, but I was wondering about the"zero shutter lag camera" because I had heard reports of blurriness, etc.

What good is an instant shutter if the picture sucks? So, I took about 15 pictures or so inside the store. None were blurry, and they looked excellent. At least on the unit I handled, the camera will not be an issue.

Overall, handling the phone made me glad I have waited for the Nexus to drop. I am looking forward to getting it.

natezire71

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure the camera will be fine for the average user. This camera reminds me of the OG's camera. IMO, the OG took great pictures. This zero shutter lag feature just sounds amazing.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
The lighting would be what I consider typical for a retail store in a strip mall. It was what I would consider fairly well lighted.

I was just impressed that in reasonable light, I was able to easily snap off 5-6 successive shots and they all turned out well.

I was afraid that Samsung had focused more on "zero shutter lag" than a good camera. It appears from my limited use, and for my purposes they achieved both. I cant wait to get my hands on the device.

Not that it matters, but seeing the HD display in person, was quite impressive.

captclueless

Reaction score
My friend who works at verizon let me play with one tonight. Holy hell I can't wait for this phone. it's SUPER light. the screen blows away ANYTHING else on the market. It's fast as hell, and ice cream sandwich is bad ass.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I got to mess with one the other day too and the shutter was fast, but it still had to focus first.. and the focus time didn't blow me away a few pics I took weren't in focus because the camera didn't focus before the picture was taken.. I like the zero shutter lag but I would to see them focus faster as well.. I mean what good is zero lag if by the time it focuses the subject in the picture has moved... Still overall I would say the camera was good

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums