What camera problem?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by wolstonc, Dec 16, 2011.

1. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    hmm the SGSII is super thin so thinness isn't the reason, and the Razr camera aint much to write home about..

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    If I knew I would tell you lol. I assume it's to save some money though of course that could be completely wrong.

3. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
  4. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Honestly this is the best camera I've had on a phone. I had the OG Droid, the Bionic and now the Nexus.

I took a bunch of pictures of my kids, very quickly (learned to hold hand steady, makes huge difference) and they came out fantastic.

5. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    i can hold steady but my kids are terrible at that.. :)

6. kimintenn

kimintenn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to the forums... so does the OG Droid mean the original Droid?
    I just upgraded from the original Droid to the GN today and I've been extremely disappointed with the GN camera so far. All of my pictures have been very blurry. With my original Droid as long as my subject was still (i.e. children) the pictures were nice and crisp, but that's not the case with the GN.

The no lag of the GN camera was the deciding factor for me in which phone I got because I use mine to take lots of pictures of my kids while we're out and about. I'm not starting to wonder if I should have went with the Rezound instead.

7. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    You have to tap on the screen where you want the camera to focus and wait til the box turns green and shoot. I've been taking great pictures with mine as have others. I assure you the G-Nex's camera is 10x better than the OG's, I too also upgraded from one. :biggrin:

8. kimintenn

kimintenn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so maybe that's what I've been doing wrong? I've been just hitting the button as soon as I hold it up to something... I was super excited about the no lag feature. (that's important with kids that don't sit still) I've yet to even see a green box, so that must be my issue. Thanks for the tip! I'll try again tomorrow. I really really want to love this phone and have been eagerly anticipating it for a long time, so I hope the camera works better now that I know this little secret. ;-)

9. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Yeah it focuses in on your target. If you don't do this the camera is in auto-focus mode and you'd have to catch it at the right time in order to produce focused pictures. I'm pretty sure people who say the camera is terrible aren't tapping to focus.

Can't help ya with the kids. Lol. :p

10. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    if your kids are like mine and have issues staying still you won't really be that impressed even after the focus "secret" indoor/low light shots of my kids have been awful, they weren't amazing with the rezound either I mean low light is hard for a camera with such a small lens/sensor to handle.. I will say that the rezound camera is better in all other situations though, i should know I had it for almost a month. low light stills (like of stuff other than kids) with the rezound was better. If you in it for the camera your better off with the Rezound..

11. kimintenn

kimintenn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel kind of stupid for not realizing that I needed to give it time to focus. I even read the manual but no mention of that! I just tried a couple of shots in very low light and the difference was quite remarkable. Again though, with inanimate objects. The true test will be tomorrow with wild children. ;-)

As silly as it sounds to some people I am "in it for the camera"... I use mine all the time and it has really replaced our fancy camera when it comes to documenting our kids daily lives. We still break out the real camera for posed shots etc, but those are few and far between.

With my original Droid, as long as I kept my hand very still and made sure to have good light conditions it took really good pictures considering it's a camera phone. I'm hoping that this one can at least measure up to that. I never used more than a single button click on my original droid though, so hopefully this one isn't more complicated. Makes me think that this one isn't really that much faster than my original Droids camera considering I need to wait for it to focus and can't really just click.click.click like I was doing today.

Thanks guys!

12. Tuktanuk

Tuktanuk Member

Ratings:
    +5
    for all those coming off the OGD........ It takes some getting used to. no shutter lag on the Nexus and a long shutter lag on the OGD. Really need to hold steady when you "snap" a pic on the Nexus. I'm pretty happy with the pics from the Nexus once I sorted it out and deleted a bunch of blurry ones.

Search tags for this page
galaxy 4 problem with camera
galaxy camera problem red picture

galaxy nexus camera broken

nexus 10 camera problem
samsung fascinate camera flash not working