What camera problem?

hollowbox

Reaction score
I think i read that the upcoming 4.0.3 update has some camera focus fixes.....count me as someone who is perfectly happy witht the camera. Ive gotten some good photos and it kills my old droids camera. Is their better phone cameras out their....yeah....but if ee bought phones to have the best camera we would all have iphone 4s.

pushdrops

Reaction score
Oh boy..here we go again...lol.

Guess I'll throw in my opinion on this matter. It's a phone camera, not a DSLR. Yes there is a certain standard, but not every company puts their efforts into the camera, which is a luxury of smartphones (yes even though smartphones are a luxury, not quite yet a necessity). If you're happy with your phone's camera then great, if not then if the camera is that much of a deal, switch phones. We can sit and debate what kind of camera we wanted on our phone but it didn't happen. Compare all you want, point is that's the camera and we all see it differently.
But the Galaxy S2 has a great camera and from what I'm seeing in samples so does the Rezound (not only the crApple products) - why did Google / Samsung bring down the camera a few notches on a $299 flagship device when the GS2 which was released in April 2011 has a much better sensor ?

OP
wolstonc

wolstonc

Reaction score
But the Galaxy S2 has a great camera and from what I'm seeing in samples so does the Rezound (not only the crApple products) - why did Google / Samsung bring down the camera a few notches on a $299 flagship device when the GS2 which was released in April 2011 has a much better sensor ?

Maybe to keep it thin while saving room for the awesome features we will actually use? I'd rather have 5mp than an award hump like the razr has

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Maybe to keep it thin while saving room for the awesome features we will actually use? I'd rather have 5mp than an award hump like the razr has

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

hmm the SGSII is super thin so thinness isn't the reason, and the Razr camera aint much to write home about..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If I knew I would tell you lol. I assume it's to save some money though of course that could be completely wrong.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly this is the best camera I've had on a phone. I had the OG Droid, the Bionic and now the Nexus.

I took a bunch of pictures of my kids, very quickly (learned to hold hand steady, makes huge difference) and they came out fantastic.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Honestly this is the best camera I've had on a phone. I had the OG Droid, the Bionic and now the Nexus.

I took a bunch of pictures of my kids, very quickly (learned to hold hand steady, makes huge difference) and they came out fantastic.

i can hold steady but my kids are terrible at that.. :)

kimintenn

Reaction score

I'm new to the forums... so does the OG Droid mean the original Droid?
I just upgraded from the original Droid to the GN today and I've been extremely disappointed with the GN camera so far. All of my pictures have been very blurry. With my original Droid as long as my subject was still (i.e. children) the pictures were nice and crisp, but that's not the case with the GN.

The no lag of the GN camera was the deciding factor for me in which phone I got because I use mine to take lots of pictures of my kids while we're out and about. I'm not starting to wonder if I should have went with the Rezound instead.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums... so does the OG Droid mean the original Droid?
I just upgraded from the original Droid to the GN today and I've been extremely disappointed with the GN camera so far. All of my pictures have been very blurry. With my original Droid as long as my subject was still (i.e. children) the pictures were nice and crisp, but that's not the case with the GN.

The no lag of the GN camera was the deciding factor for me in which phone I got because I use mine to take lots of pictures of my kids while we're out and about. I'm not starting to wonder if I should have went with the Rezound instead.

You have to tap on the screen where you want the camera to focus and wait til the box turns green and shoot. I've been taking great pictures with mine as have others. I assure you the G-Nex's camera is 10x better than the OG's, I too also upgraded from one. :biggrin:

kimintenn

Reaction score
You have to tap on the screen where you want the camera to focus and wait til the box turns green and shoot. I've been taking great pictures with mine as have others. I assure you the G-Nex's camera is 10x better than the OG's, I too also upgraded from one. :biggrin:

Ok, so maybe that's what I've been doing wrong? I've been just hitting the button as soon as I hold it up to something... I was super excited about the no lag feature. (that's important with kids that don't sit still) I've yet to even see a green box, so that must be my issue. Thanks for the tip! I'll try again tomorrow. I really really want to love this phone and have been eagerly anticipating it for a long time, so I hope the camera works better now that I know this little secret. ;-)

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe that's what I've been doing wrong? I've been just hitting the button as soon as I hold it up to something... I was super excited about the no lag feature. (that's important with kids that don't sit still) I've yet to even see a green box, so that must be my issue. Thanks for the tip! I'll try again tomorrow. I really really want to love this phone and have been eagerly anticipating it for a long time, so I hope the camera works better now that I know this little secret. ;-)

Yeah it focuses in on your target. If you don't do this the camera is in auto-focus mode and you'd have to catch it at the right time in order to produce focused pictures. I'm pretty sure people who say the camera is terrible aren't tapping to focus.

Can't help ya with the kids. Lol. :p