What bugs do you hope/pray Googe/VZW/Samsung/Santa will fix?

Htown315

Reaction score
Battery Life.

For me this is my only concern. When my phone is at idle it does GREAT. I'm talking 8% loss overnight with 4g on. That is pretty darn good imo. Now use the phone and that is a different story, on 4g surfing is on par with my friends razor at about 4hrs. Now here is where Google needs to fix things...Voice Calls. I was on a 4hr call today with a coworker (razr ). My nexus lost 60% battery where the razr lost 40%. My data , GPS and wifi were all off. I'm rooted, rom'd and running apex kernal UV 1.35. My phone shows over 90% deep sleep yet I have 60% loss with 4hours talk time. This is bad. Anyone have ideas?

Other than that this phone is amazing and blows away the competition by far. I will keep this phone for a while

x25064

Reaction score
- data reception
- auto correct
- battery life
- gpu fps limit

Those of you complaining about some of these issues really need to do your homework.

ALL led issues aside from brightness can be solved by a free app called lite flow. I suggest you get it.

Keyboard lag can be resolved by disabling spell check. Yes this issue should be resolved natively, but until then it works.

All of these fixes are found in the forums here.

OP: bbos>android? ROFL. Blackberries substitute toilet paper for me. Are you kidding me dude? I'd rather run windows mobile 6 before I run anything from RIM. BB's are for those unfortunate souls who are stuck with a work mandated phone or 16 year old girls who haven't upgraded to an iPhone yet.

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
Battery Life.

For me this is my only concern. When my phone is at idle it does GREAT. I'm talking 8% loss overnight with 4g on. That is pretty darn good imo. Now use the phone and that is a different story, on 4g surfing is on par with my friends razor at about 4hrs. Now here is where Google needs to fix things...Voice Calls. I was on a 4hr call today with a coworker (razr ). My nexus lost 60% battery where the razr lost 40%. My data , GPS and wifi were all off. I'm rooted, rom'd and running apex kernal UV 1.35. My phone shows over 90% deep sleep yet I have 60% loss with 4hours talk time. This is bad. Anyone have ideas?

Other than that this phone is amazing and blows away the competition by far. I will keep this phone for a while

IDK but on stock rooted ROM I get very good battery life. I do run wifi most of the time. But even when using 3g or 4g while on the road out and about or visiting somewhere that has 4g my battery life has held up quite well.

OP
T

tacticalfats

Reaction score
Data connection will simply STOP -- showing a gray triangle instead of bars. And this is deep in a 3G/4G zone, where I've always gotten 4 bars. To get data going again, I try hitting Airplane Mode, but then I can't get it OUT of Airplane mode because the option is grayed out. A power off/on then becomes necessary (out will reboot to 3-4 4G bars) -- and this is several times a day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Happened to me twice yesterday. It's 3G most of the time, occasionally I'll see 4G, and twice I had to reboot to get anything after an hour of no data. This is all sitting in the same spot on my desk in a decent coverage area.

Battery Life.

The battery life sucks on this thing, period. Use, and one's opinion is usually subjective, but the Dinc and Tbolt both were universally recognized as having awful battery life. I had a Dinc. This is right there with it. Hopefully this is fixed, or I may be forced to do something drastic, like sell this turd when a 4g iPhone comes out. This has really soured me on google/android. :angry:

tyseft163

Reaction score
Ditto to battery, volume, call volume requests, also:
Separate the ringer and alerts volumes/sounds,
Put in a stock SureType style condensed keyboard,
Option to Put power widget in notification pull down,
Add a shortcut virtual key for browser to go directly to bookmarks with one touch,
Option to scroll through app and widget drawer screens opposed to swiping through page by page,
Put menu button at always same side of screen (top or bottom, doesn't matter, but stop alternating based on app).
Maybe if I'm good in 2012, Santa will bring me these...

catfisher

Reaction score
1 - Data drops...like everyone said
2 - Volume...like everyone said
3 - Vibration Weak...like some have said
4 - Operating system uses too much juice...a couple have said

I already contacted VZW twice and Samsung once...no updates yet...so I rooted and most of my listed issues have been resolved...

OP
T

tacticalfats

Reaction score
OP: bbos>android? ROFL. Blackberries substitute toilet paper for me. Are you kidding me dude? I'd rather run windows mobile 6 before I run anything from RIM. BB's are for those unfortunate souls who are stuck with a work mandated phone or 16 year old girls who haven't upgraded to an iPhone yet.

That was my point: an OS as archaic and awful as early BBOS has a far superior method for setting notifications. Boo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pushdrops

Reaction score
Weak speaker which even with volume plus is still thin and distorts .

Poor camera (use a galaxy II side by side to compare).

Poor battery life.

These most everyone else notes but also:
The horrible banding and general quality of the display when the brightness is below 50% . Again compare to a Galaxy SII.

aklam82

Reaction score
I agree with most of the gripes and one that has been annoying me seems to be related to the data dropping/signal issues meaning it requires a reboot. I too have problems with connection acquisition and this one affects BT. I get poor reception at work and the battery will die if the phone is not in airplane mode. I can usually turn on/off airplane mode reliably but it forgets the pairing on my BT headset. The BT menu states it is active but the options don't work and the headset reverts to pairing mode. After a reboot the problem goes away and the headset automatically connects as you would expect.

hydro556

Reaction score
I agree with most of the gripes and one that has been annoying me seems to be related to the data dropping/signal issues meaning it requires a reboot. I too have problems with connection acquisition and this one affects BT. I get poor reception at work and the battery will die if the phone is not in airplane mode. I can usually turn on/off airplane mode reliably but it forgets the pairing on my BT headset. The BT menu states it is active but the options don't work and the headset reverts to pairing mode. After a reboot the problem goes away and the headset automatically connects as you would expect.

If all that is true, it is simply a defective phone. Swap for a new one. I am curious, what is the build number of the phone? Post it up.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't care what they do as I won't be running anything stock ever. My phone was made to be better than what the stripped down stock phone will achieve

MrKleen

Reaction score
I would like them to identify the occasional screeching sound while in phone calls. Along with all the other issues mentioned. Most of what people mentioned are true issues and should be addressed.

It seems my severe signal issues have improved a bit, but will still drop service at times.

I am very surprised we have not had a single bit of attention from Google or Samsung since this phone released.

My old Droid 1 got it's first update quicker than my Nexus. (got it's first update early December of 09)

sandman1987

Reaction score
- data reception
- auto correct
- battery life
- gpu fps limit

Those of you complaining about some of these issues really need to do your homework.

ALL led issues aside from brightness can be solved by a free app called lite flow. I suggest you get it.

Keyboard lag can be resolved by disabling spell check. Yes this issue should be resolved natively, but until then it works.

All of these fixes are found in the forums here.

The title of this thread is what bugs do we want fixed. Just because someone posts about a bug/issue doesn't mean they haven't done their homework nor does it mean they are complaining. It means it is something that they feel should be fixed in the software, and they are posting ON TOPIC. And what you suggested on the two issues you mentioned are not FIXES, those are Work Arounds until Google/VZW/Samsung/Santa FIXES them.

captdroid

Reaction score
On occasion GPS will decide not to lock on. Its a bug and I would like to see it fixed the next OTA update. Does not happen often but it has happened twice now for me requiring a reboot to resolve. I often use Google Navigation.