What bugs do you hope/pray Googe/VZW/Samsung/Santa will fix?

tacticalfats

Reaction score
It seems as if the majority of the bellyaching on this forum are issues which can be addressed with software updates. I've had NO issues which I'd consider hardware related. I'm not inclined to root/ROM/Re-kernel my phone. $300+, call me silly, but I kinda expect it to work properly (as a flagship, 2012 smartphone should).

My biggest complaints:

BATTERY LIFE SUCKS. If you're actually using it, it smokes through either the standard or extended battery. 5 hours till 'CONNECT CHARGER' with moderate usage? Unacceptable.

Losing ~20% overnight? wtf.

Do something to address this. I have NEVER had a cellphone, ever, who's battery sucked so bad. And this is with 4g toggled off, moderate usage...and by "usage", I mean the type of stuff that isn't exactly high-draw: sms, light browsing, etc. I went from charged to 30% on two separate extended batteries over the course of 8 hours. Again, wtf.

DROPPING DATA: I could care less what the signal strength meter says. I don't drop calls with no bars, and as I sit 15' from my router with one wifi bar, it still blazes.

What is awful is when I see no 3G or 4G, and the (empty) bar meter is grayed out. I now have a $799, dual-core, 4G radio equipped equivalent of my 1998 Nokia 5120 (with crappier battery life). Toggling on airplane mode not only doesn't work, but it stays in airplane mode. I've learned to cut out the middle man (airplane mode) and just reboot.

NOTIFICATIONS/RINGERS: My Blackberry Curve had profiles. I could mute my SMS alerts, almost mute my email alerts and have the ringer blow me out of bed if work calls (because it was loud enough). On the Gnex, the ringer and notification are locked together...and never all that loud. BBOS 4.5 > Android 4.0.2...blech.

This can really be the iPhone killer. It's everything an Android phone should be, finally. PLEASE don't let these software bugs turn this into another Thunderturd.

busab

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. Coming from a Droid Razr I was surprised at how horrible the battery life is even with the extended battery.

One bug I would like to add to the list is the keyboard in landscape mode. Even with the spelling correction tuned off it still is laggy. Its really awesome in portrait though.

Hopefully the next update will address a lot of these issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) Fix the signal issue - wi/fi and 3g/4g.

2) Allow for greater vibration.

3) Fix the sound issue. Loud on games and ringtones, soft on video's.

4) Fix the notification light. 1) it's too bright and 2) if you turn it off in the the settings, it turns itself back on.

5) Get rid of the Google search bar on all but the main screen it takes up real estate we need.

6) The OS takes too much battery life. Optimize it better.

7) How about a search icon option for the bottom of the screen on the soft keys. Then you don't need google bars on every screen.

8) Optimize the Camera for better shots. No shutter lag is great but we need faster focus then.

By the way where are you going to send these suggestions?

nbucko

Reaction score
Not so much bugs but features.

-Notification light should be able to be changed through the os for different types types of notifications. I'm cheap, I don't think I should have to buy an app to change the color of the light for SMS, email, etc.

-Quiet hours/sleep actions. Also something I think should be in the os. I got used to having quiet hours built in with roms on my og and I like the idea of being able to set up things like switching to Wifi at night when I'm at home etc. I know all this can be done with apps but this is supposed to be an os with more features built in and these are little things that are really useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
Separate the ringer volume from the notification volume.

Fix the javascript problem in the web browser.

Add a verification prompt to voice dialing when using bluetooth.
Add voice adaptation to voice dialer.

OP
T

tacticalfats

Reaction score
All valid suggestions, concerns, and ALL can be addressed/should've been addressed by now.

1) By the way where are you going to send these suggestions?

Santa. I printed this list out and left it with the milk and cookies by the fireplace. We'll likely get a quicker/more thorough response than if I sent it to Verizgoosung.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I submitted bug reports to google for the javascript problems.

dustinslee

Reaction score
Fix signal and data... help battery life and add Facebook sync and I will be good to go and maybe tweak the camera !

busab

Reaction score
A couple more things I would like to add.

1. It needs a option to make the notification light blink faster.
2. Fix the slowness of it going from portrait to landscape mode and vice versa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

steveil

Reaction score
1) Fix the signal issue - wi/fi and 3g/4g.

2) Allow for greater vibration.

3) Fix the sound issue. Loud on games and ringtones, soft on video's.

4) Fix the notification light. 1) it's too bright and 2) if you turn it off in the the settings, it turns itself back on.

5) Get rid of the Google search bar on all but the main screen it takes up real estate we need.

6) The OS takes too much battery life. Optimize it better.

7) How about a search icon option for the bottom of the screen on the soft keys. Then you don't need google bars on every screen.

8) Optimize the Camera for better shots. No shutter lag is great but we need faster focus then.

By the way where are you going to send these suggestions?

+ 1 on the OS and battery life.

outerwave

Reaction score
Everyone wants battery. Me too of course.

1) call quality. it sounds like no signal in a stairwell. even if i find a (usually) perfect spot and hold still. cuts out to much. i want to swap it but i hear i'm not alone.

2) camera. zero shutter lag is too quick, i'll take 250ms shutter lag. the wobble in the phone from a finger touching the shutter button usually blurs image. if it just waited that quarter second for the finger to release and phone movement to stabilize i wouldn't have to take 6 pictures every damn time.

3) battery. i find myself limiting my usage to get through times when i dont have a charger. and i have chargers at home (in three different rooms), work, car, girlfriends car, friends, family's homes. and extended and spare battery. my girlfriend has one. and a 'poor battery using' i4S, which still goes 3 to 1 on me.

jdwredneck

Reaction score
Coming from iPhone to the Galaxy Nexus.
Add:
1. Individual control over what apps have access to notification and location services.

2. Be able to default the email (not gmail) app to combined view.

3. Move the Google search somewhere besides a static window on the screen that takes up too much real estate.

Fix:
1. Certain apps are not closing properly. (ie pandora)

2. The radio signal quality sucks.

doublea500

Reaction score
so to sum it all up heres the basic jist of what i have seen.

better landscape to portrait sensoring
better battery
better signal
removable google search bar (though i kind of like it there)
volume problem
better quality camera
notification light to bright (mine has not been bright at all)
keyboard laggyness in the landscape mode

and to add one of mine now

add more launcher customization!

NickE

Reaction score
Data connection will simply STOP -- showing a gray triangle instead of bars. And this is deep in a 3G/4G zone, where I've always gotten 4 bars. To get data going again, I try hitting Airplane Mode, but then I can't get it OUT of Airplane mode because the option is grayed out. A power off/on then becomes necessary (out will reboot to 3-4 4G bars) -- and this is several times a day.