What are you most looking forward to from 2.1?

Cnote187

Reaction score
Folks,

2.1 is not the end all holy grail of a release !!

The Droid rocks today with 2.01.

The guys who administer this forum do a wonderful job. We're fortunate to have this forum for information. Read, read more and then read even more threads !

2.1 isn't expected to deliver Flash.

2.1 has some nice to have enhancements but it isn't a game changer. As someone said previously, Android 2.0 was the game changer. You already have the game changer in your hand.

Many people need a level set on their expectations for 2.1

Flash IS big news but as far as we're told, its availability is 'sometime' this year. Not necessarily tied to Android 2.1.

Peace,
Thank you o keeper of the leveled head.

I don't think it's anything wrong with people being excited about 2.1, lets try not to dampen anyone's anticipation of it. It will be nice features and a definate upgrade and I for one am very hype about it

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Extra home screens and hopefully less overall problems (i.e. shutting down randomly, force closes).

Bull4595

Reaction score
Something about the Flash update, whenever it comes...this might not be know and only speculated, but will it be an OTA release or something we will have to download on our own?

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folks,

2.1 is not the end all holy grail of a release !!

The Droid rocks today with 2.01.

The guys who administer this forum do a wonderful job. We're fortunate to have this forum for information. Read, read more and then read even more threads !

2.1 isn't expected to deliver Flash.

2.1 has some nice to have enhancements but it isn't a game changer. As someone said previously, Android 2.0 was the game changer. You already have the game changer in your hand.

Many people need a level set on their expectations for 2.1

Flash IS big news but as far as we're told, its availability is 'sometime' this year. Not necessarily tied to Android 2.1.

Peace,

No matter what you do or where you go there is always someone that doesn't want you to be excited..... its like they are selfish enough to take YOUR excitement because they don't have any... no one said 2.1 was gonna make Droid God or anything they just want to list the things they look forward to...

5 screens will be cool
Some bugs being handled
The possibility of flash
And several other nuances that will make it a better experience. I love Droid how it is now.... knowing they are enhancing it IS exciting isn't it?

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I'd like the droid to be able to transform into a car next please! 3.0 update.

No, but seriously 2.1 is worth the excitement and about 2.0 being a game changer I have to agree, but at this point we have to be patient and wait for the games to come to us ;D

Jer

Reaction score
.... for the endless 2.1 threads to fall by the wayside :icon_ devil:

You beat me to it. I'm SO sick of getting the daily email of newly started threads and half of them being about v2.1 and half of those being the exact same question: when?

Ugh.

Make it stop already. You would think our phones were unusable the way people are counting the seconds w/o it.