Will android forward email attachment

moparharn

Reaction score
I returned my droid a long time ago because it would not allow me to to forward my customers blueprints and inquiries from my phone to my plants for quotation. Along with this I was having email reliability problems and other problems. I was told that these issues would be resolved with updates to occur in late January. I am still wanting a large screen data phone and it looks like some new ones are coming out, most in Android. I have also been told that Android still will not forward these attachments. Can anyone tell the absolute truth on tis issue. Please and thank you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found a variety of ways to do this. The simplest one appears to be using the K9 Mailing app that's free in the market. I also see where people have recommended Documents to Go, that cost a little money. Try K9 first see how that works for you. Good luck.

OP
M

moparharn

Reaction score
My customers send mostly the following files

tif, jpg, excel, word, img. Whatever blueprints typically can come in. My blackberry forwards whatever comes in with the email and it almost never fails to dleiver my mail. I had to reset my email settings constantly on my Droid, the Gmail stop synching my outlook, itwas non-stop unreliable which is what I MUST have for business. Is 2.1 better for now. Is Android not ready for the business market yet? Thaks for your help.

Reaction score
I Can Forward Email Attachments!!!

:) PROBLEM SOLVED!!! ITS SO EASY!!! i have the 3 MUST HAVE APPS for the droid to send and receive attachments via email, open up attachments, sync to your microsoft exchange server (work emails), and improve the phones overall speed and battery life.

1. Astro file manager
2. Touchdown
3. Docstogo

Credit Card Processing Company: Infinity Processing

Small Business Loans, Business Cash Advance and Quick Loan Funding from Infinity Funding

Water Coolers | Water Purification Systems | Water Dispensers | - Watermatic®

OP
M

moparharn

Reaction score
I don't think we have an "exchange server"

or "enterprise server" either. Our work email is pop3 that I get through outlook on my computer. From a remote location I get it by going to our websire name/webmail and then retrieve it through squirrel mail. Does this mean I am out of luck?

SigSoldat

Reaction score
I've been using the Droid for over a month and I have no problem forwarding e-mails with attachments. I just did it today. I'm not rooted and using firmware 2.0.1. Today's e-mail had a .jpg image, two word docs, and a PDF file. Total size was only about 500kb, but I'm not sure that would matter.

The e-mail is routed via your gmail account, not the Droid itself. The Droid is just "viewing" what's on the google server. I recommend you go back and check your settings or even talk to Tech Support before blaming the Droid.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Droid for over a month and I have no problem forwarding e-mails with attachments. I just did it today. I'm not rooted and using firmware 2.0.1. Today's e-mail had a .jpg image, two word docs, and a PDF file. Total size was only about 500kb, but I'm not sure that would matter.

The e-mail is routed via your gmail account, not the Droid itself. The Droid is just "viewing" what's on the google server. I recommend you go back and check your settings or even talk to Tech Support before blaming the Droid.

+1 I see this a lot on this forum. There appears to be confusion over what the apps on the Droid are designed to do. For the most part, the apps are not designed to turn your phone into a substitute for a computer, but to complement a computing environment. There are a number of features on the gmail internet app that are not available (or at least easily accessible) on the Droid.

In designing the apps that work with internet applications, designers frequently have to make choices about what will work conveniently on a tiny 3 inch screen. If that's a problem for you, there is almost always the option of using the browser to go to the application on the web to accomplish your needs.