Email/Text question

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and to my Droid phone. It is the Motorola Droid with 2.0. Here is my problem. When I try to forward a video text message most people cant receive it. They get a message saying file size is to large. Is there a way that I can attach it to an email and send through gmail? When I compose the email and try to attach, it will only let me attach photos. How can I attach a text message to an email? Thanks

DjSmooth

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and to my Droid phone. It is the Motorola Droid with 2.0. Here is my problem. When I try to forward a video text message most people cant receive it. They get a message saying file size is to large. Is there a way that I can attach it to an email and send through gmail? When I compose the email and try to attach, it will only let me attach photos. How can I attach a text message to an email? Thanks

Ok, as you know our videos taken with our Droid are by Default shot in HD (sorta), and by default it goes to our SD Card. But you have options, when you know you will be sending a video you shot via MMS you have to hit the Menu Key while in video mode and choose Video Quality, than choose "Low Quality" for MMS. And you shouldn't have a problem or the phones you're sending it to should be able to receive it with no issues.

Consider for a moment, I just took an 11 sec video (with default settings) and that file was 3.30mb. Thats for the SD card or Computer, but not emails.

Oh, and you don't start the Txt message than try and attach, but you do go to video mode > View Gallery > press and hold the Vid > choose share > than make your chooice

Hope this helps.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Thanks DJ. I was wandering that as well. However what I meant was lets say you send me a text message that has a video or sound in it. When I forward it to others they get the file size to large message. How can I attach that text message to an email? When I compose email and click attach it only gives me photos. I want to attach a text message. I know it is confusing but that's the best I can explain it. Thanks again all input is greatly appreciated.

DjSmooth

Reaction score
Thanks DJ. I was wandering that as well. However what I meant was lets say you send me a text message that has a video or sound in it. When I forward it to others they get the file size to large message. How can I attach that text message to an email? When I compose email and click attach it only gives me photos. I want to attach a text message. I know it is confusing but that's the best I can explain it. Thanks again all input is greatly appreciated.

Ok, just checked as far as Text Messages go you can only forward them to Cellphones (by press and hold the message > forward) the only option avaible is via phone number.

But you can still send the Video to email from the video gallery...