what are ths selling points for apex?

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Apex is the best ROM out there right now.

I've tried Liberty, but had too many bugs (lockups requiring battery pulls, and bluetooth audio routing not working).

I SBF'd back to .320 and ran Maderstcok to get me back to .340, put Apex on, everything works the way it is supposed to, I can use the better parts of Blur (gallery, camera, Corp Sync) without having to use the worse parts (the launcher, and social networking junk).

Darkslide is nearly as good as Apex (if you like everything colored black and/or dark gray). Some items in Darkslide are black text on a black background (reply option in gmail being the first one I noticed).

-Mike

harshd2000

Reaction score
Apex is incredibly fast. I just pulled 1500 on quadrant with 6 apps running in the background. One of my most favorite thing is that there is a huge support for it whether its the developer or the users. Also the dev (fabulous) comes out with updates very fast.

I hablve been using it for almost 2 months and have absolutely no problems OR complaints.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

harshd2000

Reaction score
Here are couple of pics of my phone if you are interested.

aefc99d3-b960-a420.jpg

aefc99d3-b97e-50e7.jpg

aefc99d3-b98e-407e.jpg

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Nice is that ten or twenty percent intervals on you battery individual indicater

harshd2000

Reaction score
Ten from 100 to 20. Five from 20 to 0.

pyroelite

Reaction score
Hey my wife was the head cheerleader .......guess that is why I married her!....lol but really where do you download fission,and when is fusion coming out?

You gotta get the fission rom manager lite apk in the link I put a few posts back. Install it & populate the list, & you will find fusion 2.0, I think you then long press & dl. It will save to fission folder on your sd. Then normal steps: bootstrap, backup, wipe data/cache, install from sd.

{~DX«Fu$¡¤Π»2.0~}

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
How come in some the wipe then mount and some don't specifically say mount

pyroelite

Reaction score
Cuz they prob have a script written in the update.zip to mount for you. Many themes require you to do so cuz it helps to have the sys mounted when replacing sys files. But in either case, it's best to follow directions.

{~DX«Fu$¡¤n»2.0~}

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I can't seem to stay away from apex for long. I try the newer aosp roms like rubix and liberty, but I always come back to apex.

I'm pulled toward the others because there are more recent updates, but I've never had any problems with apex. I actually went ahead and ripped out some of the memory/cpu settings and tweaks from rubix and applied them into apex. Now its even faster, and I can overclock with stability higher than I ever have before.

I know quadrant scores don't count, but I'm getting 1750+ now overclocked at stock voltage to 1210mhz

Pretty sweet, and it includes all the goodies that motorola put in plus it's been thinned out of what you don't need from motorola.

Rocko

Reaction score
I like Apex but it seems sluggish when compared to Liberty. Windows open a bit slower, scrolling though lists seems a bit laggy.

pyroelite

Reaction score
I like Apex but it seems sluggish when compared to Liberty. Windows open a bit slower, scrolling though lists seems a bit laggy.

Need to up the max events in the build.prop - compare to rubix

from my DX

Rocko

Reaction score

Need to up the max events in the build.prop - compare to rubix

from my DX

I liked rubix but don't like to have to add back all the blur apps I needed. Liberty Toolbox makes it so easy. The AOSP camera is junk, as is the 2d gallery.

en28so

Reaction score
I'm using the latest apex right now, and this rom is a monster in the battery department. I'm up to 23 hrs with light use right now. My phone has never lasted this much before. I do have the extended battery life from Verizon.