Need help flashing to stock

joezek

Reaction score
I'm currently running Darkslide X, with 4.5.596 and .12P radio. It's been months since I flashed to darkslide and I don't really remember all the steps and what the terms mean (like SBF, etc).

My goal right now is to try out the Apex ROM, and I don't know where to begin. I'm guessing that I need to get back to stock somehow, but still rooted. Also, Apex requires to already have .602 or .605 and .13P.

I'm kind of confused what to do first. I have Droid X bootstrap installed, but can't figure out how to reboot into clockwork and make a back up.

Ideas? thanks guys

OP
joezek

joezek

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I haven't been able to get into recovery trying all different methods. Seems that there may be a corrupt or missing file. Anyways, I'm trying RSD Lite 5.6, and installing a SBF file for version .602. We'll see what happens.

Chazdel

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I haven't been able to get into recovery trying all different methods. Seems that there may be a corrupt or missing file. Anyways, I'm trying RSD Lite 5.6, and installing a SBF file for version .602. We'll see what happens.
Had the same problemtook me two months but this is the problem and the fix...it works...
Symptoms: After upgrading Rom Manager, or after a fresh Gingerbread SBF, you can't boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
Reason: Rom Manager executes a script containing this code:
dd if=/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-shadow.zip of=/preinstall/recovery/recovery.zip
It wants to convert and copy the new CWM Recovery package to your /preinstall/recovery/ folder. It always did this before, but the filesize of the new recovery has changed. This requires a certain amount of room... room you might not have given the new size, and given the fact that the Gingerbread SBF and All-in-One packages will put junk into your preinstall folder (if you're like Iceman0803, you're about .01mb shy of having enough room).
Solution:
1) Using root explorer, go to /preinstall/app/ and delete any apks you don't use (NFSShift is a great one to delete, its huge)
2) Reflash Clockworkmod Recovery in ROM Manager.

Now you can reboot to CWM Recovery through Rom Manager. Enjoy.
DroidModderX
here is a great site to help you with all that stuff you are trying to do...you will most likely need to sbf back to stock rom .340 than go to .602 or .605 / there is a lot of help and video on this site as well ...just look down the right side while on the site....I use SSX 2.2 and love it used his roms on my old Droid 1...the very best rom I've tried so far of the new 2-init Gingerbread roms...if you want to backup your current rom you will need to do the fix above first....may need to do the same fix again after doing the sbf but that much I am not sure of.... might copy and save as I did when I found out the fix!