what are ths selling points for apex?

chefb

Reaction score
Apex is a rom I never read much about how does it compare to darkslide?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Not sure about how it compares, but I tried GummyJar and switched right back. In ApeX you can control what is Blur and what is AOSP. Also, you get speed, basic gingerbread theme with no developer personal 'signatures', and, you get some nice screen transitions that help speed the system up. I live my X. :D

Apex is a rom I never read much about how does it compare to darkslide?

Sent from my DROIDX

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Apex is a good rom. It was the first one I ever flashed. Stayed with it for about 2 weeks. I then went to darkslide 4.2. Love this one! Apex only had a few drawbacks for me. Great overall but just a few things missing. With darkslide my quadrant scores are constantly over 1500.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Quad scores only come into play if you play intense games on your phone. Which android doesn't even have currently. I was running Rubix focused for a while and it was fast as hell. The quad scores for focused barely hit a 1000 :) but anyway both apex and darkslide are excellent roms. Personally, I think blur based roms are the way to go with the X because of the features that only work with the blur based framework. My suggestion would be to try both! Hell, try them all! That's the beauty of nandroid backups

KHeeney5

Reaction score
This is slightly off topic, but I wanted to make a video tutorial on how to root the x and install a rom for the link in my signature . If I do a nand backup of what I have now and then restore my stock backup, unroot, and then root all over again, and finally when I am done and I restore my backup will all my apps, data, settings, etc be there?

Quad scores only come into play if you play intense games on your phone. Which android doesn't even have currently. I was running Rubix focused for a while and it was fast as hell. The quad scores for focused barely hit a 1000 :) but anyway both apex and darkslide are excellent roms. Personally, I think blur based roms are the way to go with the X because of the features that only work with the blur based framework. My suggestion would be to try both! Hell, try them all! That's the beauty of nandroid backups

Sent from my DROIDX

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Yuppers. Your backups are stored on your SD card. So you can root and unroot a hundred times and your backups would still be there.

This is slightly off topic, but I wanted to make a video tutorial on how to root the x and install a rom for the link in my signature . If I do a nand backup of what I have now and then restore my stock backup, unroot, and then root all over again, and finally when I am done and I restore my backup will all my apps, data, settings, etc be there?

Sent from my DROIDX

Steven58

Reaction score
I'm a guide on another forum. I help newbies a lot. The biggest selling point of ApeX for me was that I could unreservadly recommend it to newbies. I recommend it to newbies because it is easy to flash, fast and very stable. Newbies need no headaches.

Really, at one time, it was the only really stable rom for 2.3.320-.340. However, nowadays, that's not true anymore. Liberty, Chevy ssx 1.1, fission, gummyjar and tranq 3.7.0 I've found to be all stable.

Perhaps for me, the best thing about it is it's highly configurable and it leaves some of the better blur in, which I like, and it's fast. I also like the themes for it. I find NexoLution to be the best.

Also, the developer is very available to support his rom. All good points.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Cool...I made this thread because all the most popular threads have like 60+ pages and I find it hard to get the best/ hard selling points of the most populate roms. Im in darkslide which is awesome,and the support is even better ( shout out to jmtownsand). I've. Seen alot if people with apex but never new anything about it. If you aren't In on the threads in the beginning you wouldne hard set to catch up to all the individual conversations/ problems there in. Please continue to post here. Thanks:whore:

mcp770

Reaction score
I am currently running Liberty and like it a lot. RubiX is also another great rom and I seldom run anything outside of these two. Blurless roms are the fastest on the phone and when you see how snappy the phone is and the battery life you can have without blur you may never go back. I will agree with a post above and try any and all roms to find the one you like the most. Asking people which rom they prefer is like comparing peoples taste in women (or men) and you will likely get a different answer from every post. Make a nandroid backup and try them all.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool...I made this thread because all the most popular threads have like 60+ pages and I find it hard to get the best/ hard selling points of the most populate roms. Im in darkslide which is awesome,and the support is even better ( shout out to jmtownsand). I've. Seen alot if people with apex but never new anything about it. If you aren't In on the threads in the beginning you wouldne hard set to catch up to all the individual conversations/ problems there in. Please continue to post here. Thanks:whore:

All I can say is I have never used Apex. But I've followed Fab's work closely and hear only good things about his ROM's. And he supports his stuff. Always there to answer questions.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

chazall1

Reaction score
I run both ApeX 1.3.1 and Liberty. The longer you work with the DX, ROMS and theme wise, I believe ApeX has the perfect (for me) balance between ASOP and Blur. I do not do facebook, I just do gmail and no social networking. I enjoy Liberty, love the tool box, but you need to realize, you do not get all the total functionality of a full blur ROM. Its very hard to choose between, Liberty and ApeX, Both A+++++
Its your choice!!!

Try Both and Pick what you want!

pyroelite

Reaction score
I originally ran apex & have used the latest version. Selling points would be: contains blur that's swappable with aosp thru scripts & some cool themes, but other than the themes, if you're new to roms & want blur & a lil better memory handling (apex seems to bog down on occasion) then go with Darkslide. Otherwise step your game up & get the fission rom manager lite & get Fusion 2.0. They removed all the blur & you can put back what you want & it's smooth as a baby's bottom & fast as your high school's head cheerleader ;-)

Just in case your search is broke:
http://www.teamdefuse.com/roms/rom-manager/
http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/

{FusionX 2.0}

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
I originally ran apex & have used the latest version. Selling points would be: contains blur that's swappable with aosp thru scripts & some cool themes, but other than the themes, if you're new to roms & want blur & a lil better memory handling (apex seems to bog down on occasion) then go with Darkslide. Otherwise step your game up & get the fission rom manager lite & get Fusion 2.0. They removed all the blur & you can put back what you want & it's smooth as a baby's bottom & fast as your high school's head cheerleader ;-)

Just in case your search is broke:
Fission Rom Manager | Team DeFuse
Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com

{FusionX 2.0}

Hey my wife was the head cheerleader .......guess that is why I married her!....lol but really where do you download fission,and when is fusion coming out?

Toddroid

Reaction score
One point I like on apex is the hdmi. The parts of blur are incorporated into this rom which allows for hdmi