Wet Phone

pwnapple

Reaction score
Ok so my phone got completely submerged yesterday and within 20 minutes of that happening i put the phone in rice. This morning i tried to turn on the phone and the Moto symbol shows for a second then fades out but then i see my notification light is blinking indicating that my phone is on the display isnt working.

I have insurion and will be getting my replacement Droid tommorrow. My question is,

Since i have to send back my phone, how do i clear all of my personal information and wipe all the accounts and numbers connected to my phone???

Should i try to plug it into a computer and wipe it that way?

This is very important and any help would be appreciated.
:motdroidvert:

OP
P

pwnapple

Reaction score
Thanks I just checked that article, but like i said my main problem is how can i clear all my information from that phone.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I've got a guide for restoring your phone to (earlier) than out-of-the box state. It involves using Motorola proprietary service software and a Motorola proprietary .sbf file. Go to the 'droid guides' link in my sig below, then to 'advanced guides' then look for the one that says "Restoring your phone when all else fails . .". It has all the info and files you'll need.

If you have any trouble with RSD lite seeing your phone, there a link in that guide that should help. IMHO, all you have to do is get the process to start. If it doesn't finish, you're still going to be ok and it will accomplish the complete wipe of your phone that you're asking for.