Reaction score
Noted

Dedicated G2 Forum...
Let see G2 Community response? :)
I'm in with you Steve ;)

TapaTalking from Republic™Of Android

Astrix

Reaction score
Wondering how many people owned LG G2 in this forum? :)

Me owned 3 G2 Intl D802 (1 Black + 2 White)

TapaTalking from Republic™Of Android

KeepItReal

Reaction score
FedEx did not deliver on Friday (God forbid they deliver anything early). My G2 should arrive today. Switching from my Droid DNA. I had the Droid Ultra for a minute, but returned due to poor camera. Looking forward to that beautiful screen, screaming fast processors. I don't have to have a great camera, just one that me the novice can point and shoot, and the image is sharp and clear. How's the camera for everyone?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
FedEx did not deliver on Friday (God forbid they deliver anything early). My G2 should arrive today. Switching from my Droid DNA. I had the Droid Ultra for a minute, but returned due to poor camera. Looking forward to that beautiful screen, screaming fast processors. I don't have to have a great camera, just one that me the novice can point and shoot, and the image is sharp and clear. How's the camera for everyone?

Not to burst you bubble but today is Veteran's Day. A federal holiday. Not sure if FedEx will be delivering today. Sorry.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The camera has definitely met my expectations. There are a TON of settings and they are arranged in such a way that I switch from Sports to burst to Auto very quickly and somewhat intuitively.

I will say there is a slight learning curve. Movement, even in "Sports" which is supposed to reduce blur, still blurs. So you have to learn to catch your subject still, or take several quickly making sure to not shake the device with your rapid finger smashing, or do burst - keeping in mind to not hold the button for very long because it takes a TON of pics very quick.

The speed of picture taking is stupid quick. Better than the "instant shutter" GNex, which is now gone? (Picture taking on N5 is horrendous from reviews, speed wise both in capture and opening app).

And there are really moments of awesomeness. Pics come out super crisp and can be zoomed in on with very little loss of detail. There are fewer moments of "Damn I missed it" and more of "Wow that came out way better than I hoped".

Video is excellent with one exception. There is a lot of focus correction. Its very minor, but annoying because its constantly doing it.

I would add pictures, but they are to large to upload and if I cropped that would defeat the purpose.

And yeah, its Veterans day so no mail!

acousticshade

Reaction score
Ordered my G2 yesterday. 2 more days & she is mine. Looking forward to comparing the G2 photos to the Rezound, which had a stellar camera.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ordered my G2 yesterday. 2 more days & she is mine. Looking forward to comparing the G2 photos to the Rezound, which had a stellar camera.

I never judge my phones by the camera, but the G2 does take a great picture. I think you will be impressed.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Well I got it set up pretty quickly although it is still downloading apps from the play store. The battery is killer for the thinness of the phone. Been going on almost 3 hours and only used about 50% of the charge with quite a bit of gaming. I'm surprised at how much I love the keyboard. It is extremely accurate & having a row of numbers is awesome. I'm going to try running without a launcher for a week & see if I like it.

So far this thing rocks.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Day 4, still loving it. Making folders makes the front screen a little boring. I don't like the manila folder look! I prefer the icon look. The Droid DNA did okay, but still had boxy folders as well. I also would of preferred having the dedicated function buttons, instead the ones that take up screen space, but I applaud their setting to be able to change the buttons. The screen is stunning, battery life more than adequate, and blazing speed. I applaud their lack of a lot of bloatware. Using the charger that came with the phone, it definitely quick charges, faster than my DNA. If I use another charger, I get that friendly message 'slow charging' that I got with my DNA. I do have difficulty with those tiny buttons on the back, but rarely need to use them, as the notification bar gets a volume control when playing music, and I use the double-tap to turn on phone. I love the SWYPE keyboard, so I have that installed, with a few glitches, but overall works great.

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
Had this phone for about two days now. It's very nice. I'm coming from a D1 and D3 so it doesn't take much to impress me! I rooted both of those phones immediately! All my Samsung toting friends are jealous.