Weird Stupid Problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dannyboy, Jun 30, 2010.

1. dannyboy

dannyboy New Member

Ok so i just got a Droid 3 days ago and at the Verizon store i couldnt remember my google username and password. pathetic i know. and i did not have a gmail account. so the guy at the store told me wed make up a gmail account quick and when i get home to switch my google accounts. well i tried and it will not sync i think because the other one is already synced to my phone. i tried to explain this as best i could! any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

To change the primary Gmail account on the device you have to do a factory reset.

Have you tried to reset the password?
  3. dannyboy

dannyboy New Member

will that erase all my apps and everything on my phone that i just installed? i did see the factory reset option on the screen but chickened out before i pressed it lol
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

If you change Gmail accounts you will lose your apps. They are tied to that gmail account.

Keep in mind that this is a Google phone. It's unfortunate how many people don't seem to realize that going in. Your contacts, your email, and your apps are all tied in with Google.
  5. dannyboy

dannyboy New Member

well i wouldnt be changing gmail accounts? i just need to change the google account i have tied to the gmail account.

maybe im just confused lol

if i have a gmail account is that automatically tied into google?