Weird light leakage on right side of screen

GoBears86

Reaction score
So far I enjoy the bionic, but I noticed a concerning issue with the display. When I look at my phone from the side at an ~30 degree angle to the screen, I see a weird band of leaking light that looks like a row of tiny rectangles, along the right side of the screen (right past the edge of the screen). It can only be visualized from this viewing angle. I also noticed that when the display is off and I get it in the right light, I can visualize some kind of reflection off of these tiny rectangles. Because I am yet to see anyone else post this issue, I am assuming I have a defective unit, but has anyone else noticed this?

OP
G

GoBears86

Reaction score
Since nobody has any advice, here is a photo that will do a better job showing what I was trying to explain. I went into a Verizon today and 3 of the 4 units on display did not have this light leakage. I tried three new phones and they all had the leakage. The manager told me that the floor demo with the leakage had come from the same shipment as these new phones (which also showed leakage). Let me know if you guys are seeing similar QC issues.

Reaction score
Since nobody has any advice, here is a photo that will do a better job showing what I was trying to explain. I went into a Verizon today and 3 of the 4 units on display did not have this light leakage. I tried three new phones and they all had the leakage. The manager told me that the floor demo with the leakage had come from the same shipment as these new phones (which also showed leakage). Let me know if you guys are seeing similar QC issues.

Wow that's weird. Id get a replacement. Definitely doesnt seem like they shouls give you an issue over a new phone via vzw

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

coogi97

Reaction score
I don't have that problem get a new phone fast and dont get it wet cause they will say the wetness was the problem and then you'll hsve to do a insurance claim

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
G

GoBears86

Reaction score
You'd be surprised at the amount of guff I received from my neighborly Verizon. The manager swore she couldn't see any light leakage at all; the ditz. The odd thing is, all three new in box phones I looked at had the same weird leakage. And I actually picked up my Bionic at a different Verizon about 10 miles away. Possibly all coming from the same plant?

hustlinjoe

Reaction score
I agree that is weird you need to have ur phone replaced

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums