Dial phone number after voice search is not working (since 2.1 OTA update)

jgero001

Reaction score
I just noticed a problem since the 2.1 OTA update (stock unrooted) with voice search. If doing a voice search for a business name (via long press on search button), then tap on the phone number that comes up (in a light blue rectangle on the right side of screen), I receive a "Web page not available" error. However, the same search performed by typing in the business name results in what appears to be the same results screen, but when I tap the phone number (again, in the light blue rectangle on the right side), the dialer is launched with the phone number pre-populated (I still have to hit the dial button, but this was the behavior prior to the 2.1 update).

Has anyone encountered the same issue (or can anyone confirm this behavior). I used this functionality regularly w/o issue prior to the 2.1 update.

krazykarl

Reaction score
Just did a quick test and I get the samw result as you...I'm curious to find out what's goin on.

OP
J

jgero001

Reaction score
Just did a quick test and I get the samw result as you...I'm curious to find out what's goin on.

Glad to hear it's not just me then. I wonder what's the cause and if there's any fix? Also, is there any way to "formally" post this as a bug to Google?

krazykarl

Reaction score

Glad to hear it's not just me then. I wonder what's the cause and if there's any fix? Also, is there any way to "formally" post this as a bug to Google?
I went ahead and posted the issue here. Feel free to star it or post any further details you can think of. The more stars it gets, the more likely it will receive attention from the dev team.