Do all Rezound's have light leakage?/Overheating issue possibly solved

xXIrishCowboyXx

Reaction score
First off I figured out why my battery was overheating with the blinking orange and green lights. I noticed that as soon as I plugged my charger into a surge protector my phone instantly cooled down. This could help alot of you people who are saying your Rezound's are running hot.

I called HTC up and asked about the overheating and the light leakage. The HTC rep actually told me that light leakage on the Rezound is NOT normal. Weird huh? So does this mean I should go swap mine that's prone to overheating and has a "full smile" of light leakage at the bottom? I mean it's bad..like grand canyon wide light leakage bad.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Just went into the restroom and turned out the lights. I have no light leakage on my phone. yesterday I couldn't get it to charge past 99% but today it actually went green and said 100%. Already down to almost 90% after a few pictures and text messages.

androidgeek

Reaction score
On mine the last 1% takes forever, well the times I sat next to it and waited. I've had the first drop of battery go fast but today it was at 98% for like an hour and a half. Checked twitter, Facebook and made a phone call (short one, like 3 minutes).

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
First off I figured out why my battery was overheating with the blinking orange and green lights. I noticed that as soon as I plugged my charger into a surge protector my phone instantly cooled down. This could help alot of you people who are saying your Rezound's are running hot.

Do you think there is a cause and effect relationship between the surge protector and the heating or was this just a coincidence?

OP
X

xXIrishCowboyXx

Reaction score
Some walls have bad circuitry due to fuses being blown or whatever. We had to put a surge protector on our breaker to stop the outlets from frying everything we plug in. My 360 was toast as soon as I moved into my gf's house and plugged it in. I had my rezound plugged into the wall without a surge protector and the thing heated up so bad it started blinking orange and green lights off an on until i unplugged my phone. As soon as I turned it off i put it on an outlet with a surge protector and my phone stopped overheating and the battery lasted alot longer than when i had it plugged into just the wall.

That's interesting that the other guy who replied to this said his Rezound had no light leakage at all. I wonder if there is a way we could just know before we took it out of the box. I wish HTC would make some kind of a statement about this.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Some people think the light leakage is being nitpicky. I just feel that if I paid $300 for a phone it should not have the problem that everytime I go into a dark area I can see the lights leaking out of the bottom. I just feel like a brand new phone shouldn't do that. None of the motorola's I've had, had this issue

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
X

xXIrishCowboyXx

Reaction score
Some people think the light leakage is being nitpicky. I just feel that if I paid $300 for a phone it should not have the problem that everytime I go into a dark area I can see the lights leaking out of the bottom. I just feel like a brand new phone shouldn't do that. None of the motorola's I've had, had this issue

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

You're exactly right. It's not nitpicky because all of the phones aren't like that. It's just the front screen not fitting right. It makes the phone look cheap. Had to shell out some $$ for this phone. HTC should work on their phones as hard as I work to earn that $300 it took to buy the damn thing.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I can see 4 little dots right where my soft keys are. Thats all. Mine is a data issue it may go back on Monday for.

Chris