light leakage...!

lazarus2297

Reaction score
is anyone else experiencing light leakage around the bottom of the glass? (see attached pic.) I had a similar issue on like 3 thunderbolts before I got tired of that phone and the light leakage and sold it, now i see it again... It's really only noticiable when I am in a dark or dimly lit room.. but it's still pretty annoying.. I am pretty sure I am not the only one but if it seems I am in the minority I will have to look into getting it replaced..

Last edited:

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
yep, mines got it too, i didnt notice it before now its always gonna bug me lol

IXIKelsonIXI

Reaction score
I don't have any there, but I have light leak at the bottom of the screen, as seen in this video. Is this present in your devices? Or should I be nitpicky and seek a replacement.

[video=youtube;1YqYOhqauAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YqYOhqauAk[/video]

IXIKelsonIXI

Reaction score
I know a small amount of that is normal. That leakage is present on my Thunderbolt. However, with the Bolt I have to tilt the screen considerably to see it. With my rezound I can see it during regular use, with only a little tilting.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
It seems like that is very common in a lot of phones. I noticed it in the Bionic I had for a little while, my TB has it, my D1 and D2 both had some. I think it's really just normal with the way the screens and lighted buttons are put together, and not a defect. Don't sweat it is my advice. If the phone works well, be happy.

Mondingo

Reaction score
is anyone else experiencing light leakage around the bottom of the glass? (see attached pic.) I had a similar issue on like 3 thunderbolts before I got tired of that phone and the light leakage and sold it, now i see it again... It's really only noticiable when I am in a dark or dimly lit room.. but it's still pretty annoying.. I am pretty sure I am not the only one but if it seems I am in the minority I will have to look into getting it replaced..

thanks! I just checked my rezound, and under the home screen button is a pin hole with white light leaking through it. its most noticeable at night when the lights are lit up. But I'm going back to best buy to change it today.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

maqsur

Reaction score
saw it only in the dark, at night. forgot about it after 10 seconds of using the phone

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
saw it only in the dark, at night. forgot about it after 10 seconds of using the phone

I mean really! I put a case on mine withing minutes of buying it, if I had light leakage I would never know it.

But this is getting ridiculous! People are going to return phones because of a tiny bit of light leakage that can only be noticed in a darkened room?

You guys seriously are obsessing over NOTHING!!

Mondingo

Reaction score
The only reason is I have had plenty of other htc phones and motorolas and never had an issue. My ottterbox for it does not cover it. And every time I hit the home button I see it underneath. It's annoying. And shouldn't be there. I will take my chances with another one. If that's the same than fine. But Best Buy is good with returns..

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I mean really! I put a case on mine withing minutes of buying it, if I had light leakage I would never know it.

But this is getting ridiculous! People are going to return phones because of a tiny bit of light leakage that can only be noticed in a darkened room?

You guys seriously are obsessing over NOTHING!!

There seems to be a lot of that here. There are some serious issues with the various phones, but some people get so obsessed over the most minor things. I wonder how they handle the important life issues.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I don't have any there, but I have light leak at the bottom of the screen, as seen in this video. Is this present in your devices? Or should I be nitpicky and seek a replacement.

[video=youtube;1YqYOhqauAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YqYOhqauAk[/video]

I never noticed this on my 2 year old Droid, but after reading your post I looked in the closet and saw the same thing. I wonder if Verizon will still take it back, considering the enormity of this problem.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I never noticed this on my 2 year old Droid, but after reading your post I looked in the closet and saw the same thing. I wonder if Verizon will still take it back, considering the enormity of this problem.

I hope so for your sake! They couldn't expect you to use it knowing how flawed it is! ;)

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
First off I haven't taken my mine back I was just gauging how common/rare the issue is... I had the droid, droid 2, droid X. And never had the issue but my tbolt did so it seems to be more an htc issue.

And secondly its their money if someone isn't happy with the quality of an item for the price they paid its their right to be able to take it back.