1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

We have an official status update on the Froyo. Stand by for 10-15 minutes. Hint: it'

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by Shadez, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Androidpolice.com just tweeted this, don't know whats up, if anyone hears anything share..

"We have an official status update on the Froyo. Stand by for 10-15 minutes. Hint: it's not looking good.."

androidpolice.com
    via twitter
  2. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Subscribing.
  3. BOA

BOA New Member

I'm waiting too!
  4. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

hwahwahwaht...This should be interesting :)
  5. nerdkill

nerdkill New Member

it's just saying it's not the final release. not really big news.
  6. NykoNako

NykoNako New Member

yay - Froyo has gots mold?!? ew!
  7. Shadez

Yep.. talk about a buzz kill lol

"Google Officially Updates Us On Froyo Status - FRF72 Was Not Final, Release Date Still Unknown,... "
  8. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

o_0? Damn.

from Tapatalk widget
  9. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Mang... :|
  10. nerdkill

nerdkill New Member

well... it worked though. got me to subscribe to them... haha.
  11. Shadez

[​IMG]

Google Officially Updates Us On Froyo Status – FRF72 Was Not Final, Release Date Still Unknown, "On Its Way Shortly"

Posted by Artem Russakovskii in Froyo 2.2, News

We’ve been watching the semi-official "when will Froyo come out" thread at Google support forums for quite a while, and lately have been seeing more and more unhappy Nexus One and other Android users, complaining about Google’s failure to deliver Froyo in a promised "within a few weeks" timeline.

Today, after the release of iOS, things have really heated up – there are now over 1275 responses to the thread, all wanting to know the same thing – when will Froyo finally come out?

To ease up the tension, from time to time, Google’s awesome PR machine in the form of a random Google employee or 2 pops into the forum to provide an update.

About half an hour ago, another such sighting was reported. Allow us to present you with the official latest word on Froyo launch:
    Ry Guy
    Google Employee
    07:03 PM

Hey guys,

Just dropping in to let you know that the FRF72 build that is floating around is not the official update. The Android team is feverishly working to get a final version out the door, but like passion-ate has mentioned this will only happen once a release candidate meets our quality criteria.

Since today is the Summer Solstice[​IMG], we know things will be heating up a bit so hopefully Froyo will be on its way shortly. Thanks for your continued patience!
    -Ry Guy
    So… that tells us… not very much but we now know 2 things:

• FRF72, which was the latest official leaked Froyo build, was not the final version (we kind of already suspected that)
    • and Froyo is still not ready (doh!)
    So, while not saying much, Ry Guy actually provided a good status update. I seriously suggest everyone to relax and let Google do what it does best – release software (their PR arm is a whole other business, especially in Android’s case).
    Seriously – don’t get in with the panic/hype. Just be patient.

Source: Google forums, via tip from Earl
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  12. Shadez

lol .. I bet yer not alone..
  13. Abadus

Abadus New Member

That is good news. FRF72 is buggy. Camera is all strange now and has anyone tried to stream pandora and use nav? Nav pauses pandora but never restarts it... Plus When a audio source is "unplugged" your music does not get paused... The way they did these things in 2.1 was much better :p They still have wrinkles to iron out.
  14. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Subscribed Here
  15. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

So, Google might have it ready "shortly", but what about Moto/VZW?
  16. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

in the very "distant future" : )
  17. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

Froyo has melted a bit for the first 'offical' day of summer. The stage is to deep fried froyo. :D Yummy fried ice cream.
  18. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

This is what my bro and I were talking about the other day. All PR representatives do is give answers but aren't specific whatsoever, but I guess that satisfies most people. Not I, give me a range of how long it will be at least!

Sent from my Droid
  19. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

Oh I agree there might be a few minor issues, but we are running an older build on the droid.. or I have at least and I have never had a random reboot, lockup, or fc on me yet. Perahps due to use of less widgets and removing launchers except adw? who knows....

anyways we've had these leaks for so long and they are pretty stable as is, I don't see what the fuss is about that a tiny update later couldn't solve, besides I'd rather let cyanogen an koush and the rest do the fixing for roms I use. They seem (no offense meant to google guys, they are awesome too), but cm team just kick more ass and get crap done much faster and usually better quality. If google would follow open source such as the linux kernel and make it public at all times, I guarantee bugs would have been fixed and performance improved by public devs and contributers.

It's the lack of code transparency(?) that hurts android. we could have surpassed probably anything even in gingerbread if they just let rom devs have at it and be able to contribute patches back.

ok, off my box. we're probably all feeling the same thing anyways =( still <3 android though would never go iphone... nice phone but bleh.

just curious on thoughts, I read a post forgot where (dummy me) from someone claiming to work with vzw though not an employee so perhaps a motorola person? I can only guess. His post basically stated that vzw is probably not pleased at all with this hotspot connection sharing ability and won't let it go out ota until it's removed. Seems stupid considering you can basically already do this with tethering, but it seems like a good reason for greedy corporates to rain on the parade, especially since they prob hate losing out on that $10 month for vz navigator ...ewwww.

oh i know.. wait for it..... lets cut their data so they have to pay more in compensation to us! :icon_ banana:

yeah sorry guys i'm a bit grumpy. I just want my cm froyo =(
  20. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Ahh, gotta love the lemmings out there.

Do you really think for a minute that the people on DF wouldn't keep an eye out for stuff like this? When there is official, worthwhile information to be had, then you will see it here.

If it isn't here, then it's not worth the font its shown in.

You all jumped and subscribed for nothing. Man, if I could get a dollar for every follower...
Search tags for this page

what does froyo stand for twitter