water on s4

russellj0

Reaction score
I dropped my s4 in the toilet two days ago.I got it out fast and pulled the Otterbox off and it and pulled battery. Got it dried off and the only water that got under better cover was in the camera. None of the water marks got wet. When I put battery back in and powered my phone back up it would tunr on but all I could see on screen was one yellow line. I called and they said it sounded like a hardware for issue and are sending me a new phone. I plugged my phone in today to charge it so that had a full battery for new phone. It powered up and works flawlessly now. My question is do I keep my phone or do I keep the certified like new replacement they send me

jamjr74

Reaction score
I'd probably keep the replacement just to be safe. I've gotten certified like new phones before and they are always mint.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
If not too much time has passed since you soaked it, you might try putting in a large bag of rice for a day or so. It'll absorb the moisture.

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
There's only one process that works - It needs to get dry as quickly as possible.
Baking it with hot air in a closed zone - placing a container over it to keep the heat in like a oven.
Large boot box or similar.

Either with hair dryer or small floor bath room heater-
Prop it vertical so any water can drain the the edge-as it's heated.
After baking at about 150 - 200F - for 4 hours -

Then put battery in & Power up.
Good Luck.

My brand new MacBook Pro went under water - this baking mode over night is why we are typing right now.

hissnowbunny120

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung mega
Twitter
kissgurl94
I just dropped my samsung mega in the shower. It was still working after I got out. Got on the phone for a few minutes to see if it still worked and it did for a few minutes the it kept saying dock is plugged in and opening my alarm clock ....I need my phone for work any advice

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just dropped my samsung mega in the shower. It was still working after I got out. Got on the phone for a few minutes to see if it still worked and it did for a few minutes the it kept saying dock is plugged in and opening my alarm clock ....I need my phone for work any advice
Did you intentionally bring your phone in the shower to use?

When a phone gets wet the best thing to do is turn it off and try to dry it (bag of rice trick for example) for as long as possible. Due to the glitches going on it seems like maybe some water did get into the device so best thing to do is turn it off and let it dry off for a couple hours, even overnight.

hissnowbunny120

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung mega
Twitter
kissgurl94
Did you intentionally bring your phone in the shower to use?

When a phone gets wet the best thing to do is turn it off and try to dry it (bag of rice trick for example) for as long as possible. Due to the glitches going on it seems like maybe some water did get into the device so best thing to do is turn it off and let it dry off for a couple hours, even overnight.
It wont charge my battery

hissnowbunny120

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung mega
Twitter
kissgurl94
Do not plug it in. You want it to dry out overnight. You may have done more damage by trying to charge it.
I put it back in rice overnight. I plugged it in and its charging now. Do you think my phone is ok now?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Could. Sometimes with water damage any issues may arise a few days later even. Usually yes it's immediate, but if it's charging that's a good sign.

hissnowbunny120

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung mega
Twitter
kissgurl94
Could. Sometimes with water damage any issues may arise a few days later even. Usually yes it's immediate, but if it's charging that's a good sign.
So my bf has the same phone as me and his just randomly shut off and wont turn on. His phone did not get wet can you help?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So my bf has the same phone as me and his just randomly shut off and wont turn on. His phone did not get wet can you help?
I'm not familiar with the Mega, but if the battery is removeable, go ahead and remove that battery for a minute and pop it back in, see if that helps.

If that didn't help, plug the phone into the charger and leave it sitting for 15-20min. After that time is up I would see if the phone can boot up.

hissnowbunny120

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung mega
Twitter
kissgurl94
He was able to get it to reset, but he said when he puts the case on it, it heats the battery up and messes up again, so hes been leaving the case off. Is there a way to fix this problem or should he go to sprint

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
He was able to get it to reset, but he said when he puts the case on it, it heats the battery up and messes up again, so hes been leaving the case off. Is there a way to fix this problem or should he go to sprint
Unless you're insured, I doubt Sprint will be able to help you as it is water damage. Water damage to a device usually isn't covered under warranty.

And yes they'll be able to tell if the water marks on the device inside the phone have been activated.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sprint has a repair store that you can take his phone to. I believe it would cost $75 for them to fix whatever may be wrong. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk