Was wondering which Droid phone to get??

CyberEd55

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am trying to decide which way to go for my first step up into the Android phone market. My new every 2 is coming due in march of 2011 but I have the option of getting into the new Droid X now with the new contract. I am also watching some slightly used Droid 1 on eBay thinking that maybe I should step up into the original Droid for now to get acclimated to it and then still have my new every 2 available to use in the spring or maybe even Q4 depending on which VZW Motorola Droid is available at that time. Possibly the 2 Ghz. droid rumored to be out by years end or even VZW first 4g compatible droid.... I want to take the plunge now and not wait another 6 months.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

rebelman

Reaction score
I love the droid 1 great phone easy to use and has full keyboard .

OP
CyberEd55

CyberEd55

Reaction score
Ok I am off the fence and just purchased a Motorola Droid off eBay with 2 OEM docking stations and car mount. I am officially on board (well as soon as my postman brings it to me) I read about the docking problems with a hard case on the phone but just ordered the Otterbox case off Amazon for 19.99 I will deal with the removal of the case as needed. I am just happy to be making the jump back to a smartphone and am looking forward to roaming this forum for tricks and tips. Thanks for the advice, I am certain I will be very happy once it arrives. This will give me time to learn the ins and out b4 my new every two runs out in march of 2011.. Thanks again...

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Good choice. You can get yourself to learn Android in and out and all its capabilities and will be prepared for the 2GHz phone you seem to be looking into in the future. Either way, its a great phone and has a lot left in it. So enjoy! And don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for help with anything.

OP
CyberEd55

CyberEd55

Reaction score
Thank you and I am looking forward to getting started......