New and thinking about which droid to get

bighoppins

Reaction score
Hello. Im new and am going to get a droid. I was thinking of getting a used Droid 1 for metro pcs. What do u guys think is the droid 2 worth the extra couple hundred.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am still Rockin the Original Droid and don't plan on upgrading to the Droid 2

Sent from my Droid

conacher

Reaction score
I noticed today the Droid 2 and Incredible just came down in price on Verizon's website. They are trying to get rid of them I guess due to the Drod 2 Global and the Incredible HD coming out.

OP
B

bighoppins

Reaction score
Do you guys think that any of the price drops will drastically affect the cost of a used original droid. I have seen them for about $100. The droid 2 doesn't impress me much more than the first one.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Do you guys think that any of the price drops will drastically affect the cost of a used original droid. I have seen them for about $100. The droid 2 doesn't impress me much more than the first one.

It boils down to personal preference!
The Droid 2 stock contains much more powerful hardware(processor and more RAM/built-in ROM), more spacious qwerty sliding keyboard, and slightly sexier looks, I guess.

The Droid 1, however has a D-Pad (which I freaking love, I don't care what so many reviewers think, I use it for my SNES+SEGA+NES emulators), is extremely customizeable as it didn't have any locked bootloaders or anything, so there is a lot of options for the user who wishes to hack into their phone.

Hope that helped :)

OP
B

bighoppins

Reaction score
Yea that helps a lot. I love to hack into things change them and stuff like that. Thanks for telling me about the locked boot loaders i didn't know that. The d pad does look really cool for the emulators i use emulators on the psp and the old classics are really good.
Thanks dancedroid

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Yea that helps a lot. I love to hack into things change them and stuff like that. Thanks for telling me about the locked boot loaders i didn't know that. The d pad does look really cool for the emulators i use emulators on the psp and the old classics are really good.
Thanks dancedroid

I don't necessarily want to give you the wrong idea, though.
You can still "hack" into the Droid 2 to a certain extent (visit the Droid 2 forums for more detail on what you can do to a Droid 2), but there is a lot more extensive "hack" history for the Original Droid.

OP
B

bighoppins

Reaction score
Thanks dancedroid

I don't necessarily want to give you the wrong idea, though.
You can still "hack" into the Droid 2 to a certain extent (visit the Droid 2 forums for more detail on what you can do to a Droid 2), but there is a lot more extensive "hack" history for the Original Droid.
Yea that what i assumed you meant. Its just fun to get in and customize stuff as much as you can. Now I just have to find one thats not that expensive used.