1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New and thinking about which droid to get

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by bighoppins, Nov 5, 2010.

1. bighoppins

bighoppins New Member

Hello. Im new and am going to get a droid. I was thinking of getting a used Droid 1 for metro pcs. What do u guys think is the droid 2 worth the extra couple hundred.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I am still Rockin the Original Droid and don't plan on upgrading to the Droid 2

Sent from my Droid
  3. conacher

conacher New Member

I noticed today the Droid 2 and Incredible just came down in price on Verizon's website. They are trying to get rid of them I guess due to the Drod 2 Global and the Incredible HD coming out.
  4. bighoppins

bighoppins New Member

Do you guys think that any of the price drops will drastically affect the cost of a used original droid. I have seen them for about $100. The droid 2 doesn't impress me much more than the first one.
  5. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

It boils down to personal preference!
    The Droid 2 stock contains much more powerful hardware(processor and more RAM/built-in ROM), more spacious qwerty sliding keyboard, and slightly sexier looks, I guess.

The Droid 1, however has a D-Pad (which I freaking love, I don't care what so many reviewers think, I use it for my SNES+SEGA+NES emulators), is extremely customizeable as it didn't have any locked bootloaders or anything, so there is a lot of options for the user who wishes to hack into their phone.

Hope that helped :)
  6. bighoppins

bighoppins New Member

Yea that helps a lot. I love to hack into things change them and stuff like that. Thanks for telling me about the locked boot loaders i didn't know that. The d pad does look really cool for the emulators i use emulators on the psp and the old classics are really good.
    Thanks dancedroid
  7. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

I don't necessarily want to give you the wrong idea, though.
    You can still "hack" into the Droid 2 to a certain extent (visit the Droid 2 forums for more detail on what you can do to a Droid 2), but there is a lot more extensive "hack" history for the Original Droid.
  8. bighoppins

bighoppins New Member

Yea that what i assumed you meant. Its just fun to get in and customize stuff as much as you can. Now I just have to find one thats not that expensive used.