Hello.....Questions about Huawei Ascend

porchese

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have a few questions hopefully some one can answer. I'm thinking of buying the Huawei Ascend from Metro PCS.
1. They say the regular price is 179.00 but have it on sale for 99.00 and I'm wondering why?
2. It comes with droid 2.1 I'm wondering will I be able to update it to the 2.3 version?
3. Can you tell me any any thing about this phone good/bad?

Have a great day and thanks for any info,
Thomas

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. my suggestion? wait it out till new phones come out, very soon. if u like to play around with rooting, customizing etc, I guess ok. but new phones may already have upgrades to it, depending what phone. good luck...

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Usually when phones go on sale its because new ones are just around the corner....my neice has that phone...she likes it

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

85sfarunner

Reaction score
HowardForums has quite a few threads about the Ascend and the new LTE Samsung Android phone coming out later next month (I think). Look in their MetroPCS section.

Seems most people are happy with the Ascend and it's expected to get a Froyo update next month. I think I'm gonna pick one up this weekend to get away from my Blackberry.

I'm gonna pass on the new Samsung and hope something better comes out later in the year. I can't resist buying an Android phone for only $100, even if it is running 2.1