Huawei Ascend Plus Storage Problems

alyssabrooke

Reaction score
Hey sorry I'm new so I don't know how to put this post somewhere else. But anyway here is my problem. So I just got the Huawei Ascend Plus Straight Talk Phone and I was downloading apps and I only had a few when it said I had insufficient storage space. So anyway. I had an sd card in my old phone so I cleared that and put it into this new one thinking that would fix the storage problem because this phone came with like no internal storage. But my phone still kept telling me I had insufficient storage.. so I checked the storage and all of my apps are still downloading onto my phone's internal memory and I can't figure out how to get them onto my sd card. Any help? Thanks!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Without rooting your phone you can't save apps to external storage. How much storage did your phone start with, and how much remains. There must be something else going on, because just installing a few apps shouldn't fill up anybody's phone.

Argusvision

Reaction score
Steps to allow Huawei Ascend to move Apps to SD Card.

I have the same model of phone and was getting disappointed until I finally figured out what I needed to do.

Go to "Settings" > Storage > "Default Storage Location". Change this to SD Card. You will get a warning about how this may interfere with some applications.
Select "OK". Now you should get a "Move to SD card" option when you go to "Settings" > Apps.

If you have an app that has already stored a significant amount of data to the internal memory (Google Play Music for example), you may need to Clear the data from the App and re-enter your settings to convince it to save future downloads to the SD card. ***Back up any data you can afford to lose first!***

Only certain Apps will allow you to move them to the SD card. Some that do allow it might not work correctly, or have all the features available if they are moved to the card. (Gtasks widget won't work form the card, for example.) Take a look at how much each app uses when moved to the card vs. on the device, some report less space used when left on the phone.

This worked for me. I went from not being able to download music or even update the Facebook app, to have all my music available on the card and instally 15-20 more apps.

sohccammer427

Reaction score
The actual microsd card.

I will probably get the Ascend Plus (H881C) but no one on the entire earth (even google) can tell me about the memory card.

I will take up to a 32GB memory card. Most ALL of these are microSDHC not just microSD.

Can anyone tell me if this phone will accept the microSDHC? If not you will be hard pressed to find a 32GB microSD card.

Thanks!

kos1969

Reaction score
Hope this helps

Here is the only fix that i know of. Go into settings, choose storage, set the default storage to SD card. Once you do this, go to app manager and go thru your app details. A lot of apps like netflix will allow you to move them to the sd card, there should be a button that says "move to sd card". Remember that apps that you move to the sd card will not be available if you unmount or remove the sd card. The ascend plus only has like 2.75 gigs in the internal storage and it only reserves a fraction of that for apps. Also, when you do a backup of your apps, it is stored on the sd card. I believe that your settings back up still goes to the cloud servers. Remember that apps you download from the app store are tracked by google so you can go to google play and go to my apps to restore them.
Good Luck and remember too that the phone has way less than 1 gig of RAM so some apps will drain your RAM and cause poor performance and lockups. I installed Next Launcher 3d and some of the addons and my phone was using 85 - 90 % of my ram. There are no drivers on the huawei site for the ascend plus so it cannot be rooted or modded yet.

Take Care,
G

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's nice to see all the first time posters coming in on this thread..let me.Welcome y'all to the forum ..and read into the comments afterwards ..:eek:

N2 tap'd HD

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will probably get the Ascend Plus (H881C) but no one on the entire earth (even google) can tell me about the memory card.

I will take up to a 32GB memory card. Most ALL of these are microSDHC not just microSD.

Can anyone tell me if this phone will accept the microSDHC? If not you will be hard pressed to find a 32GB microSD card.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

HC means high capacity. Basically any card above 4gb is a high capacity so, yes it will work with HC cards.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

danilofuentes1121

Reaction score
I have the same model of phone and was getting disappointed until I finally figured out what I needed to do.

Go to "Settings" > Storage > "Default Storage Location". Change this to SD Card. You will get a warning about how this may interfere with some applications.
Select "OK". Now you should get a "Move to SD card" option when you go to "Settings" > Apps.

If you have an app that has already stored a significant amount of data to the internal memory (Google Play Music for example), you may need to Clear the data from the App and re-enter your settings to convince it to save future downloads to the SD card. ***Back up any data you can afford to lose first!***

Only certain Apps will allow you to move them to the SD card. Some that do allow it might not work correctly, or have all the features available if they are moved to the card. (Gtasks widget won't work form the card, for example.) Take a look at how much each app uses when moved to the card vs. on the device, some report less space used when left on the phone.

This worked for me. I went from not being able to download music or even update the Facebook app, to have all my music available on the card and instally 15-20 more apps.

Thanks for the Information that was very helpful to me, I even called the maker of the phone and then I called also the carrier non of them could it resolved it, not sure why if this techs are supposed to be with higher knowledge than us, the users.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Information that was very helpful to me, I even called the maker of the phone and then I called also the carrier non of them could it resolved it, not sure why if this techs are supposed to be with higher knowledge than us, the users.

But, now you know why you're here. Welcome aboard.

S

SFGate

Hope everything has been resolved. Welcome to the site. DancingNexus

molyneux33

Reaction score
I have this phone. I have 3 apps loaded that go on the internal with maybe 70mb used. My phone is full. I have an sd card that other apps go on. When I check the internal storage is says there are 92 apps installed. this is a straight talk phone. Is there a way to wipe out all the memory and start over without making it unfunctional with straight talk? Also, on a side note, this phone keeps randomly deleting apps. is the there a way to stop it from doing that? Thanks.

Argusvision

Reaction score
If you go to Settings > Backup & reset, you can select factory reset. BE WARNED this wipes your settings and some data, just as the name implies! The data on the SD card will likely not be touched, but I would remove it before resetting. As always, BACKUP ANY DATA YOU WISH TO KEEP FIRST!
Setting it to factory defaults shouldn't interfere with it working with StraightTalk.
I have no experience with the random deletion of apps...

hisbeauty4ashes

Reaction score
I just bought the same phone from Straight talk and I was like bummed about the storage the freezing it does. I fallowed the above but I guess the one thing I am not sure of is this," Does the apps I download now automatically go to my backup 16 gig sd default storage when downloaded?" I am so green in this and have no clue. lol

Megahz22

Reaction score
I just bought the same phone from Straight talk and I was like bummed about the storage the freezing it does. I fallowed the above but I guess the one thing I am not sure of is this," Does the apps I download now automatically go to my backup 16 gig sd default storage when downloaded?" I am so green in this and have no clue. lol

In System Settings: Storage: Once you have clicked, the "default storage location", 'send to SD Card', your apps will automatically go the card. The catch is; not all apps will, as some will only run properly in the phone internal memory, which fills up quickly. Those aps that won't (you can check to see which will in system settings: Apps: "on sd card", by clicking on the SD Card header)

You might change an app with another app that will load onto the sd chip or with a similar app that takes less storage. I took off the Weather Channel, which would not load to the SD card, and got another 16 mb, of internal storage. If this makes no sense, try to see how much of it you can figure out, and I can walk you through some of the ways to help. I have one app, that just refuses to download no matter I have enough internal memory, so I just have to do without that one. At least for now. Not a perfect smart phone, but really great after it is set up, for the money you save. The guy that said it is the poor man's Iphone, is right, it does a lot of cool stuff, pretty well.