Was it worth it?

eidian

Reaction score
Some people have been trying to upgrade to ICS manually ahead of the OTA push and have spent half a day trying to figure it out (if they didn't just flat out brick their phone albeit temporarily).

Was it worth it when the upgrade is coming out via OTA in the next few days?

Stupid OTA wasn't coming through so I downloaded ICS 211 and here I am.

Johnw

Reaction score
Yes. A bit frantic at times. If you decide to do it, I would recommend pre downloading Matts 1.7 utility and make sure your phone is charged 100% and have a few hours if needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
eidian

eidian

Reaction score
Actually, I did it yesterday. It got stuck on the "patch boot img" line for like twenty minutes so I went back to recovery, cleared the cache two more times and it loaded the second time. So fortunately the whole process took a little over an hour.

After reading the other thread, the thought of ruining my whole Saturday over something that is coming through OTA didn't make sense to me.

Stupid OTA wasn't coming through so I downloaded ICS 211 and here I am.

Caesars

Reaction score
If you're a typical phone user i would suggest waiting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to the ics thread

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was worth it for me. Worked like a charm using Matt's utility. Only made one minor mistake, I put the .zip file in the wrong place before I ran the utility. When I booted into recovery it couldn't find the .zip file. So I booted normally, put it in the right place, and it ran fine. But then I had to figure out the tethering, Big Red has pretty much zapped the conventional tethering apps in ICS ... but it can be done. :icon_ devil:

altjx

Reaction score
Worked perfectly for me, no errors. Followed directions exactly how they were provided. Now I can unsubscribe from all those threads of people waiting and wondering where their notifications for OTA is at. I'm extremely satisfied that I've proceeded to do this manually, and I will continue to do so for all new future updates ^_^.

Lintroller

Reaction score
I failed because I let the battery die. This is the most frustrated I've ever been with a piece of technology. It was not worth it.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I failed because I let the battery die. This is the most frustrated I've ever been with a piece of technology. It was not worth it.

Safe to say you really aren't frustrated with the device or the technology? I understand, Live and learn - I have been frustrated with myself more than once (way more than once) Nobody was hurt.

wann495909

Reaction score
It was worth it actually. The simple instructions made installation flawless and only took about 20 minutes on my unrooted razr.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread temporarily closed for cleaning.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Several posts deleted. Let's keep it respectful and just address the OP's question.

Please and thank you :biggrin: