Waiting on X...what to do?

rsmcclelland

Reaction score
So I've been waiting since the 12th for my new X. I've called the store (which apparently isn't a corporate store, so I can't track the order number) a few times and they've been completely unhelpful so far. Their responses are simply "we'll call you when it's in" or "call back next week."

I just called a local Best Buy, which has stock right now. I'm tempted to call the store I ordered from to cancel my order so I can get the X immediately from BB. Has anyone else done this?

One problem I can see is that I switched to Verizon to join my fiancee on a plan. So I'm not sure how the upgrade eligibility stuff will work if I cancel the order at the store. What do you all think?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This store that you're dealing with, is it a privately owned Verizon Store? If that's the case then call Verizon directly and they will be happy to give you details about the status of your order. I'd also report the store for having poor customer service.

If it isn't a Verizon store it shouldn't affect you eligibility because you haven't activated the phone yet.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd wait. The software on the X is somewhat buggy. Hopefully by the time you get yours the software update will be rolling out.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'd wait. The software on the X is somewhat buggy. Hopefully by the time you get yours the software update will be rolling out.

It's not buggy by any stretch......

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
R

rsmcclelland

Reaction score
This store that you're dealing with, is it a privately owned Verizon Store? If that's the case then call Verizon directly and they will be happy to give you details about the status of your order. I'd also report the store for having poor customer service.

If it isn't a Verizon store it shouldn't affect you eligibility because you haven't activated the phone yet.

I'm not sure how their whole process works, but they gave me a loaner Eris in the mean time. So I think I might have "activated" the line already. I could be wrong though. Maybe I should just call CS and ask them what I can do.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If your using an Eris then the line is active...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure how their whole process works, but they gave me a loaner Eris in the mean time. So I think I might have "activated" the line already. I could be wrong though. Maybe I should just call CS and ask them what I can do.

Well, you didn't answer any of my questions but you do have the right idea. Call customer service and ask them where your X is. You should have an order number.

Next time you want to save a few bucks on a new phone try Amazon.com. They are awesome.

OP
R

rsmcclelland

Reaction score

Well, you didn't answer any of my questions but you do have the right idea. Call customer service and ask them where your X is. You should have an order number.

Next time you want to save a few bucks on a new phone try Amazon.com. They are awesome.

Sorry...they aren't a direct Verizon store, they just look like it. They are a 3rd party retailer even though the store looks like it should be a corporate verizon store (the sign says verizon wireless only, not some other store name).

I called CS and they told me it should ship by the 30th. The guy was really helpful though and said I can take the Eris back to the store to get my money back and reset my upgrade eligibility. Then I can go to BB and walk out with the phone at the upgrade price.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not buggy by any stretch......

What about the problems with the stock messaging app and the "no sleep" battery drain bug? These are fairly big problems.

Not everyone is seeing those issues....

Motorola acknowleges that the battery drain problem exists and they are working on a fix. Depending on how you use the phone you may not see the problem. Nearly 90% of the people in the poll at this thread have confirmed that they see the problem:
Battery Drain due to Software Bug w/GPS? - Android Forums

The messaging app bug seems to hit after using it for a while. If you don't have the problem now, you may soon.

I didn't even mention the bug where the phone stops ringing because of the "smart" sensor settings. Again, this bug will rear its head if you have the settings for that on and use your phone enough.

And the stock timer app is barely audible.

The X running 2.1 is BUGGY and probably shouldn't have been released in that state in my opinion.

droidx2010

Reaction score
So I've been waiting since the 12th for my new X. I've called the store (which apparently isn't a corporate store, so I can't track the order number) a few times and they've been completely unhelpful so far. Their responses are simply "we'll call you when it's in" or "call back next week."

I just called a local Best Buy, which has stock right now. I'm tempted to call the store I ordered from to cancel my order so I can get the X immediately from BB. Has anyone else done this?

One problem I can see is that I switched to Verizon to join my fiancee on a plan. So I'm not sure how the upgrade eligibility stuff will work if I cancel the order at the store. What do you all think?
Thanks!
I ordered mine on 8/13 & they told me I would have it on the 31st. I just received the tracking # so I'm good to to.