1st on the list at my local store for the DX and now they wont sell it to me!

ninefall

Reaction score
Our local store is a retail store and i was in 2 weeks ago and asked if I could put my name down for the X when it comes in. So they wrote me down. Today I get a call from them telling me they are only getting 1 Droid X and they cant sell it to me since Im already a customer. They HAVE to sell it to new customer only. What a crock! Now I have to order online and who knows when that will get here...

cromo8

Reaction score
retailers are crooks, i used to work for a verizon retailer, and i was treated like crap, we sold used phones as new, and refurbs as new, it sucked there i cant believe i lasted one year there, i never once got a 10 or 15 minute break, anyway i work for tmo corporate now

back on topic yeah they tend to do that because you as an upgrade are not worth anything to them(and im not saying this about you) just from experience

Last edited by a moderator:

Mojo

Reaction score
Well that only makes since.. they (vzw) already has your business. If that is the only device that they have. It makes since to make sure it is availble to someone that is not a customer. The whole point of selling cellphones in this industry is to create new business. Plus the company would make more off an new customer as to get paid for retaining a customer.

Mojo

Reaction score
retailers are crooks, i used to work for a verizon retailer, and i was treated like crap, we sold used phones as new, and refurbs as new, it sucked there i cant believe i lasted one year there, i never once got a 10 or 15 minute break, anyway i work for tmo corporate now

back on topic yeah they tend to do that because you as an upgrade are not worth anything to them(and im not saying this about you) just from experience

Might be the case for the company you worked for. I happen to work for a really good retailer. Not all are the same.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should report the shady dealings of your old store Cromo..I think they could be charged with fraud.

cromo8

Reaction score
i wanted to, its not fair to me that i had to lie to customers and such, the only thing is ive heard that reporting employers can lead to future job difficulties

OP
N

ninefall

Reaction score
The one thing that irritates me here is that I am currently on an Alltel plan. My friend that works at this retail store asked the regional manager if she could sell it to me if she had me switch over to a VZW plan and the answer was still no. My town has 5,000 people in it and its in farm land. I highly doubt a "new" customer is going to come strolling in there wanting to get a droid x, so there it will sit on the shelf forever, but I could be wrong.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The one thing that irritates me here is that I am currently on an Alltel plan. My friend that works at this retail store asked the regional manager if she could sell it to me if she had me switch over to a VZW plan and the answer was still no. My town has 5,000 people in it and its in farm land. I highly doubt a "new" customer is going to come strolling in there wanting to get a droid x, so there it will sit on the shelf forever, but I could be wrong.

go in and take it with force

lol but for real if you buy it on vzws site it shouldnt be more than 2 days (isnt everything on there overnighted?)

Rubi22

Reaction score
Threaten to leave verizon if they don't sell it to you, then they'll be losing business if they DON'T give it to you!

dancedroid

Seven71ne

Reaction score
Threaten to leave verizon if they don't sell it to you, then they'll be losing business if they DON'T give it to you!

dancedroid

haha yah... they will do anything to keep you, i told them i was gonna go to ATT and get an iphone cuz i couldnt stand the serivice i was getting, and they were like... "Heres 400 extra minutes a month for 6 months" and i was like, well.. okay
(i wasnt planning on leaving.. they just really annoy me)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i wanted to, its not fair to me that i had to lie to customers and such, the only thing is ive heard that reporting employers can lead to future job difficulties

The police will probably keep your identity secret, it's not like your filing a lawsuit or anything that would publicize your name.

hendrix

Reaction score

dancedroid

I doubt a retailer cares if you leave them. They make the most money on new customers, the next biggest is no contract hardware sales, followed by upgrading an existing customer. You as the existing customer is nothing to them because they don't make money keeping you as a customer, verizon does.

SHWELL

Reaction score
I talked to a phone rep yesterday and she all but garaunteed a Friday delivery for Phone orders.. I plan to order online to get instant rebate and free next day delivery.

Reaction score
Our local store is a retail store and i was in 2 weeks ago and asked if I could put my name down for the X when it comes in. So they wrote me down. Today I get a call from them telling me they are only getting 1 Droid X and they cant sell it to me since Im already a customer. They HAVE to sell it to new customer only. What a crock! Now I have to order online and who knows when that will get here...

Local store (corporate?) only getting 1? lol! That cant be.