Funky pre-order story?

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So today i sent my parents down to our local Verizon Store to return my Droid, as I just got it and I'd still be in the 30 days to get the X when it comes out on the 15th.

My mom ordered two, and the lady said she has to order at least 10 by the 15th or she gets fired. and that they'd be coming to our house by fed-ex? That seems kind of weird for ordering IN store? I'm not sure what the exact story here is, but they ended up getting two T-Shirts that say "Droid-X Rule the Air".

If it was just a pre-order and for me to come in day of launch, I'd say nothing is wrong. but the fact I returned my phone, and then they said it'd be mailed FROM the store, is kind of weird.

any ideas?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So today i sent my parents down to our local Verizon Store to return my Droid, as I just got it and I'd still be in the 30 days to get the X when it comes out on the 15th.

did u thank them for going and doing that for you

My mom ordered two, and the lady said she has to order at least 10 by the 15th or she gets fired.

lol is this your moms problem?

and that they'd be coming to our house by fed-ex?

they might have just entered it into the vzw's system which is how they will handle the preorders

That seems kind of weird for ordering IN store? I'm not sure what the exact story here is, but they ended up getting two T-Shirts that say "Droid-X Rule the Air".

:icon_worthless:

If it was just a pre-order and for me to come in day of launch, I'd say nothing is wrong.

most places you wont be able to walk in and get an X without a preorder

but the fact I returned my phone, and then they said it'd be mailed FROM the store, is kind of weird.

i doubt it will be mailed from the store - that would be just a waste of time

any ideas?

responses in red

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no one? no information?

lol what do u want information on?

some employees arent as well informed as others so you might have been given some false information

and previous post includes sarcasm. dont take offense :icon_ banana:

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
lol. Yeah, you're totally right I think on the "Entered into VZW system". I Think that's what she did, because my parents said we get our instant rebate.

thanks for making some sense of all that.