VZW Replacement Question

Cortez

Reaction score
So I have a few issues with my droid and the closest VZW corporate store is over an hour away from me, so I called VZW CS and told them that I would like to get a replacement. Issues are that the battery gets over 120 degrees when plugged in and using browser with CPU speed set at 550, phone won't open folders unless I restart it and a few others.

I called while at work from my Droid and they said I need to call back from a LAN line so they can run a diagnostic on my phone? Anyone know if this will be able to know if I have rooted and ROMed before if I put the stock/factory back onto it? Just nervous that they will eff me over.

Thanks

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So I have a few issues with my droid and the closest VZW corporate store is over an hour away from me, so I called VZW CS and told them that I would like to get a replacement. Issues are that the battery gets over 120 degrees when plugged in and using browser with CPU speed set at 550, phone won't open folders unless I restart it and a few others.

I called while at work from my Droid and they said I need to call back from a LAN line so they can run a diagnostic on my phone? Anyone know if this will be able to know if I have rooted and ROMed before if I put the stock/factory back onto it? Just nervous that they will eff me over.

Thanks

They wont know if it's rooted. Just make sure you do an sbf restore before you send it back.

OP
Cortez

Cortez

Reaction score
What is this diagnostic thing that they are going to run on my phone?

zero7starz

Reaction score
Most likely, they're just going to have you check a few settings and try a few "resets" to fix it. I'd figure out what the stock kernal is called and keep it on a post-it next to your phone incase they ask about that, but thats the only thing I can think of that they'd ask. Don't worry too much about it, just keep telling them it wasn't working.

Rebel420

Reaction score
Just take it into the store, if you are under the 30 days, they will QUICKLY take care of you... they gave me zero hassles... the only 'hassle' i got was when they wanted my gmail password, and I said, no,... well we need it to set up... then let me enter it *lol*