VZW Replacement Question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Cortez, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Cortez

Cortez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have a few issues with my droid and the closest VZW corporate store is over an hour away from me, so I called VZW CS and told them that I would like to get a replacement. Issues are that the battery gets over 120 degrees when plugged in and using browser with CPU speed set at 550, phone won't open folders unless I restart it and a few others.

I called while at work from my Droid and they said I need to call back from a LAN line so they can run a diagnostic on my phone? Anyone know if this will be able to know if I have rooted and ROMed before if I put the stock/factory back onto it? Just nervous that they will eff me over.

Thanks

2. Erron

Erron Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    They wont know if it's rooted. Just make sure you do an sbf restore before you send it back.

3. Cortez

Cortez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is this diagnostic thing that they are going to run on my phone?

4. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most likely, they're just going to have you check a few settings and try a few "resets" to fix it. I'd figure out what the stock kernal is called and keep it on a post-it next to your phone incase they ask about that, but thats the only thing I can think of that they'd ask. Don't worry too much about it, just keep telling them it wasn't working.

5. Rebel420

Rebel420 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just take it into the store, if you are under the 30 days, they will QUICKLY take care of you... they gave me zero hassles... the only 'hassle' i got was when they wanted my gmail password, and I said, no,... well we need it to set up... then let me enter it *lol*