vista os and mount droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by dsgerman, Dec 19, 2009.

1. dsgerman

dsgerman New Member

Has anyone found a reliable method to mount your droid with vista as an operating system. New build vista premium will not mount my droid. Will not recognize or asks for me to load a disk. Yellow exclamation in mass storage drive in device manager. Tried every work around. Debugging on/off. Mount at various times. Drivers/Motorola etc. Worked like a dream in seconds on XP Pro on another office computer. Thanks.
  2. lanolar

lanolar New Member

Hmm no issues for me on Vista 64bit.
  3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Me either....got Vista 64 and all works 100%.
  4. dsgerman

dsgerman New Member

I am jealous. Spent many hours trying to resolve this. Read on many websites of troubles with vista. Wonder how prevalent this is. Hope I will find out. Only change i have not tried is to change the drive letter of a thumb drive i use daily. Both are G drive. Maybe a conflict here even though thumb drive not installed when I tried the droid.
  5. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

Vista "troubles" are highly over-rated and overhyped... and actually at this point in time ancient history.

You should. Mount the Droid, so that you see the yellow mark in device manager.

Delete that device (actually you are deleting the driver reference).

Remove the Droid.

Reboot Vista.

Attempt again to mount the Droid.

Windows is stubborn. Once it has a "failed" connection, it continue to attempt (and fail) to remount the driver in the same location. Only by clearing it (as mentioned above) will you be giving Vista a chance to reconfigure itself to load the drive.
  6. ldimick

ldimick New Member

have you tried the Motorola USB Driver? I would argue with Jay that Vista problems are over hyped. I have 64 bit running as well and I have problems with some USB devices. It is a problem that is isolated to the OS. It is not hardware.

Anyway, try the Motorola USB drivers and report back.
  7. drew

drew New Member

It's been working fine for me on Vista Home. What happens if you try to connect other USB devices (camera, memory stick, etc) on that same USB port? Sounds like the problem could be the driver or the port itself.
  8. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

What devices... and do they have 64 bit drivers? You say it is isolated to the OS... what other 64 bit OS are you connecting these devices to?
  9. civEX

civEX New Member

Vista 64-bit works fine for me. Try a diffrent USB port.
  10. rlandon

rlandon New Member

Mounts fine on my Vista 32 Ultimate. Since the 2.0.1 update, however I no longer get the unmount option on the phone. Now all I get from the phones pull down is to turn off USB storage.
  11. ldimick

ldimick New Member

If you're not getting the mount or unmount option on the phone you have a bad patch. Go to Verizon and have them reflash it.
  12. Signum

Signum Member

13. dsgerman

dsgerman New Member

thanks for all the responses. I have tryed the motorola driver. Even thought of installing the deveopers software. I have come to think this is a usb problem as well. Reminds me of the old days with IRQ conflicts. How do you force the droid to use a different usb port. I have tried several different usb's on the board and case but with no results. Same yellow triangle on usb mass storage. Will try to remove mass storage device and reboot when back in office on monday. Thanks.
  14. dsgerman

dsgerman New Member

Interesting that I mounted the droid on a home vistax32. Works fine despite error message not being able to load driver. Seems this has to be a problem with usb ports and multiple usb devices(wireless mouse and keyboard, thumb drive and external hard drive). All others work. Will try above post to remove usb mass strorage device, reboot and first mount drive. If this works-hopefull then I will check thumb drive which has been detected but shows no data.
  15. rlandon

rlandon New Member

Mine was the manual update, which I reloaded again last night. Still no "unmount" option.
  16. IN AWE

IN AWE Member

I too have this problem. The only way I have found to mount every time without exception is to use the Motorola Driver Installer and clean the drivers BEFORE i connect and try to mount phone.
    Here is a link to installer.
    USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA
    First run Motorola driver installer exe.
    Then select clean only and start.
    then connect and mount.
  17. dsgerman

dsgerman New Member

Tried to change the drive letter on the droid, remove the usb mass storage and droid and reboot. Nothing worked. Also my usb thumb drive still shows no data(XP shows all the data). Now External usb hard drive does not show in explorer though shows under disk drives in device manager and working well. Droid, usb thumb drive and external hard drive all work on xp and droid worked on home vista. I guess the only choice is to go to the format C: and see if I can start from scratch. Seems like trying to load the droid really changed the usb ports for all my usb devices. Will report back after reload all of the software. Thanks.
  18. 640k

640k Active Member

this post doesn't make sense to me. what software? a device can't just change your USB ports, that's asinine.

go into safe mode and check to see if you have a bunch of unidentified devices in your USB section and remove them.

when people tell you to use a different USB port, they mean physically plug it into a different port.

i've had 0 mounting problems on any OS.
  19. dsgerman

dsgerman New Member

640k. I agree. Did not mean that I could change the usb ports with software, tried changing usb ports-have 8 on computer . Did not check safe mode and usb drives. Every time I would plug in droid get yellow triangle and could not read sd card then could not see data on usb thumb drive then could not get computer to see external hard drive.

Had enough. Reinstall vista with fresh copy. Droid mounts no problem. External hard drive no problem. Thumb drive no data. 2 potential problems here. First is the U3 launcher and vista so will format cruzer without U3 as a basic data drive. Second and possibly more important-plugged the droid into a usb drive in front of case yellow triangle and would not read drive in computer(cruzer worked here for several years). Plugged into usb on back of motherboard today and works fine. Wonder if case usb does not get enough power to support the droid and resulted in problems with initial mount of drive. Sorry this is long. Hope this will help others. When I finish with reinstalling all the software and using the cruzer will report back. Thanks
  20. ThermalGuy

ThermalGuy New Member

No problems here on Vista Home Premium. Mounts and un-mounts like it's supposed to. No problems dragging pix and videos to the card.
Search tags for this page
at&t droid drivers for vista

connect vista to android

connecting droid to vista

usb conflicts vista motorola