I can't access my droids memory card from my computer

Noogums

Reaction score
I have vista 64-bit home premium (ugh) and when i plug in my droid and click mount on from the notification shade my computer doesnt do anything and if i click it in my computer i get "please insert a disk into removable disk (g)"

I tried reinstalling the drivers and that didnt work. also, i went into device manager, disabled the droid, mounted it, then enabled it again and that was working for a while but just recently stopped.

What should i do!?! i just wanna put some nice backgrounds on my sd card!! WHY IS THIS SO HARD?! i read that its prolly a problem with the vista driver but there has to be a work around? i cant be the only one with this problem.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Wish I could be of more help but I am having the same issue. I transferred all my pictures from my old phone onto my computer, when I try to transfer them onto the Droid memory card nothing happens. I meant to look into the issue more last night but I was to busy finding and downloading apps:icon_ banana:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
A workaround, take out the SD and place in an adapter if you have it, then into a card reader if you have that as well, then see if read.

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
I got it to work once today by turning on the usb debugging in settings>applications>development. Idk if it'll work again ill try later today

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
Ok it is consistantly working with usb debugging on. Here's my process:

1. Connect the phone to the usb.

2. Go to settings>applications>development and turn usb debugging.

3. Pull down the notifications, tap the usb connected then tap mount

ChefZiggy

Reaction score
I was having a problem where mounting the Droid would cause me to blue screen. In Vista 64, no less. Removed the latest Pdanet software and driver (2.16) and everything works just fine.

Anyone know how to downgrade Pdanet on my phone?

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
ive never used pdanet...could it still have drivers on my pc? and how could i check?