Unsual mounting problems

g3a3a1

Reaction score
I always hate for my first post on forums to be a question but sadly it has to be haha.

My droid will mount to my computer (vista 64bit) about 10% of the time the rest of the times when i go to "mount" it will say turn off USB storage, preparing the SDcard, then finally USB connected. When this happens my computer has a error that pops up saying please insert a disk into removable disk H. I have tried USBdeview and i uninstalled windows mobile center and yet still 90% of the time it doesn't work. the times it does work i don't do anything different it just magically connects. It charges fine every time and my computer detects when i plug the droid up it just doesnt read the SD card. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums! We're very happy to have you join us. i'm not sure how to fix your problem but i'll give you a :bump: :D good luck

OP
G

g3a3a1

Reaction score
Thanks for the free bump haha, if it helps the card is detected every time i use it with a standard memory card reader, it just doesnt work when i use my droid. I have no clue as to what this could be.

tehpriest

Reaction score
If you pull down the notification screen when you plug it in and choose USB there are options there for default action.

OP
G

g3a3a1

Reaction score
Update. Seems to be a driver problem it works fine on my roomates laptop running windows 7 64bit. Any ideas on what I should do? I already installed the motorola drivers and it doesn't seem to work