[Video] Flash on the Droid!

peterpressure

Reaction score
Sure, but it includes a Linux version... Android is just another version of Linux... So I thought maybe it could be adapted somehow...

Get a clue man, Android IS NOT just another version of Linux. Far from it.
Linux Apps DO NOT WORK ON ANDROID.

From wikipedia: Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kernel-related
  • Android uses a version of Linux as its kernel (albeit tweaked by Google to fit Android needs and separated from the main Linux kernel tree),[93] but it is not a conventional Linux distribution; it does not have a native X Window System, nor does it support the full set of standard GNU libraries like its system libraries (GNU C Library). This makes it difficult to reuse existing Linux applications or libraries on Android.[94]
  • Google no longer maintains the Android code they previously contributed to the Linux kernel, effectively branching kernel code in their own tree, separating their code from Linux. The code which is no longer maintained was deleted in January 2010 from the Linux codebase.[4][5][95]
If you want Linux, go buy a Maemo phone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maemo
It is based on a Debian Kernel and has flash and most Linux Desktop apps.

Slowestpuma

Reaction score
This is why i bought this phone. Can not wait for flash on my mobile phone-and being to browse the whole web. ya i'm talking to you iPad.Anyway looking forward to flash 2.0 the most!

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
This is why i bought this phone. Can not wait for flash on my mobile phone-and being to browse the whole web. ya i'm talking to you iPad.Anyway looking forward to flash 2.0 the most!

Having Flash we should have the ability to listen to Radio Stations FM/AM, which gives us yet another feature, one I'm very much looking forward to.

akj27

Reaction score
Sure, but it includes a Linux version... Android is just another version of Linux... So I thought maybe it could be adapted somehow...

Get a clue man, Android IS NOT just another version of Linux. Far from it.
Linux Apps DO NOT WORK ON ANDROID.

From wikipedia: Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kernel-related
  • Android uses a version of Linux as its kernel (albeit tweaked by Google to fit Android needs and separated from the main Linux kernel tree),[93] but it is not a conventional Linux distribution; it does not have a native X Window System, nor does it support the full set of standard GNU libraries like its system libraries (GNU C Library). This makes it difficult to reuse existing Linux applications or libraries on Android.[94]
  • Google no longer maintains the Android code they previously contributed to the Linux kernel, effectively branching kernel code in their own tree, separating their code from Linux. The code which is no longer maintained was deleted in January 2010 from the Linux codebase.[4][5][95]
If you want Linux, go buy a Maemo phone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maemo
It is based on a Debian Kernel and has flash and most Linux Desktop apps.

Relax man, no need to be so defensive about it, we're all here because we don't know everything there is to know about this phone, and that most certainly includes you.

MarkO

Reaction score
Just noticed iflash player posted in Market. Not sure it's legit

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just noticed iflash player posted in Market. Not sure it's legit

Its junk. I bought it to try. Refunded. Its an app. It links to some flash video sites that have the same encoding as youtube. Doesnt integrate into the browser or anything

MarkO

Reaction score
I was thinking someone might have gotten ahold of the Adobe alpha version and was trying to make a quick buck.

Well first half 2010 ends in a few months. So it shoudln't be long. I almost wonder if Adobe is waiting till the 2.1 is pushed?

peterpressure

Reaction score
=I have been using yxflash fromt he market for awhile now to play flash videos on my droid. Not web content, just videos. Works ok.

faxman75

Reaction score
=I have been using yxflash fromt he market for awhile now to play flash videos on my droid. Not web content, just videos. Works ok.

I'm not the most tech savy person so can you explain this more? I already have the ability to watch video on my droid without yx flash. I simply have "video player" and it plays my downloaded movies just fine. Youtube and most other sites work just fine. I would like to use flash to watch videos on the internet that require flash and view websites that require flash. For example if you go to justin.tv now it says "flash required" and has a link to go to the adobe site.

So what kind of flash videos are you watching off line?

Louks03

Reaction score
Flash

I cant wait until the Flash comes so I can finally view ALL YouTube videos and not just the ones available to the mobile users. :icon_ banana: