Video Conversion using Handbrake.

Droid69

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in using handbrake and getting a movie to playback on your Bionic? I have tried many different settings but the stock video player will not play the MP4 file. I am trying to stay away from an alternate video player.

Thx

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in using handbrake and getting a movie to playback on your Bionic? I have tried many different settings but the stock video player will not play the MP4 file. I am trying to stay away from an alternate video player.

Thx

Hey Droid69,

I know Handbrake is free (used to use it for ripping DVDs on my Mac for my iPod Touch), but you may want to try DVD Catalyst. It's not free, but only about 10 dollars. Their customer support is great and the latest build of the software has settings for the Droid Bionic, including a HD version!

Jstwondrng

Dougw133

Reaction score
What format are you ripping? Disc's? Mkv? I ripped an mks to embedded 960x540 res for zumocast with dvdfab. There a better one I use that has faster encoding with cuda and amd support. DVD Fab claims both but frequently crashed with cuda enabled. Let me find the other program.

EDIT: its xilisoft mkv converter. Worked great. Handbrake is tough. Zumocast can actually do mkv but not with dts audio I have found. So my ripped blue rays with dts need to be converted

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jstwondrng

Reaction score
What format are you ripping? Disc's? Mkv? I ripped an mks to embedded 960x540 res for zumocast with dvdfab. There a better one I use that has faster encoding with cuda and amd support. DVD Fab claims both but frequently crashed with cuda enabled. Let me find the other program.

EDIT: its xilisoft mkv converter. Worked great. Handbrake is tough. Zumocast can actually do mkv but not with dts audio I have found. So my ripped blue rays with dts need to be converted

Hey Doug,

I was ripping DVDs, however, I dl'ed a new DVD ripping application from the folks who make DVD Catalyst. It's in beta and will time out in 30 days, but it will rip an entire blu-ray disc and save the file in an Mkv format (could be Mks). Once you get this file, DVD Catalyst will convert it to a HD video for the Bionic. It appears from the webpage instructions, it will automatically do so. You may need one more component for it to work, but I'm testing it this weekend.

Jstwondrng

OP
D

Droid69

Reaction score
Hey Droid69,

I know Handbrake is free (used to use it for ripping DVDs on my Mac for my iPod Touch), but you may want to try DVD Catalyst. It's not free, but only about 10 dollars. Their customer support is great and the latest build of the software has settings for the Droid Bionic, including a HD version!

Jstwondrng

Tried Catalyst but the video and audio don't sync using that software...at least on my PC.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I converted some avi files using the iphone 4 setting, worked 4 me. Will try that custom droid setting sometime though.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is also Free Studio from DVDVideoSoft.com. It's a suite of conversion programs. Handbrake is part of the suite, although it doesn't use that name.

PhontomF

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to add the preset to HB. Can i bother you for instructions. thanks

Install the latest handbrake, run it and goto the presets menu at the top and click import, browse for the attached file. It will then appear in the list of presets on the right side.

Jack Flash

Reaction score
K3b on arch linux and have ripped many to my bionic.
Mobo player from market is my fav.

LiNuX ftw!

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I tried to import that profile a month or so ago and it wouldn't import, kept giving me an error. I've been using the iPhone 4 profile and it works fine on my Bionic. I do raise the video quality up a little (video tab) but it looks fine at the preset levels.