Getting movies to show up in gallery

D

dvdcatalyst

They work in QuickTime and vocal as well as my iPod touch. Likewise said not even the Droid formatted movie previews in your thread work. YouTube. Is having trouble too

I read a while ago someones post here that videoplayback had issues when you tried a bad file. He continued to have issues even with files that worked untill he did a battery pull.
That might help.

It is also possible that something else is still running on your Droid that is hogging up performance.

edit. The video's from my trailer thread, did you download one of the zips, or did you try playing one over the web?

OP
ips

ips

Reaction score
I fled the file and tried it on my comp. It worked. I put it on my phones SD card and it played in the gallery for about ten or so seconds and then said it couldn't play. I could choose a point in the video sometimes and it would play from there for a few seconds. I did a battery pull last night after deleting all video files. The only other files I have are one picture for wallpaper, music and ends Rome I installed this morning.(after having all the video problems)

D

dvdcatalyst

I fled the file and tried it on my comp. It worked. I put it on my phones SD card and it played in the gallery for about ten or so seconds and then said it couldn't play. I could choose a point in the video sometimes and it would play from there for a few seconds. I did a battery pull last night after deleting all video files. The only other files I have are one picture for wallpaper, music and ends Rome I installed this morning.(after having all the video problems)

Strange, very strange.

The files in the thread play fine on Droids, as you can see from the replies there. I don't have a Droid myself, so I can not assist you any further, sorry.

It might be a firmware issue, a hardware issue, I dont know.

OP
ips

ips

Reaction score
I was just at a VZW store and a sales rep there said he just got his recently too and is having a similar problem, it was a kiosk so there were no tech people there but could this be a hardware issue? I dont think so because there are no other problems and video in things like my emulator games work fine. Still no clue what to do about this issue though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention im running Mac OS X 10.5

Last edited:
OP
ips

ips

Reaction score
I just did a hard reset and the problem continued.... now I have to re instal all my apps and set everything back up....all for nothing. I really have no idea what to do next...

devastator

Reaction score
i got some music videos ripped from my sister's iTunes and it workd fine, but when i tried to play full length movies (in mp4 format), it doesn't work.. :-( pls help

OP
ips

ips

Reaction score
is youtube working for you? If not, your having the same problem as I am and were still waiting for someone to help... if it does work fine and work in high quality fine, your probably doing the video ripping wrong. Where are you getting the files? are they DRM protected or did you rip them from a dvd? If they were ripped you may have done the wrong size/other settings.

D

dvdcatalyst

I just did a hard reset and the problem continued.... now I have to re instal all my apps and set everything back up....all for nothing. I really have no idea what to do next...

I'd suggest to download a few of my trailers on a memorycard. Go back to the verizon store, and have them try them on a different phone. Those files play fine on the Droid, so they would be good testing material.

OP
ips

ips

Reaction score
Thats a great idea, I was at a VZW kiosk today but they dont have any tech people so they couldnt take it back. I have a paper and a final tomorrow (intercession) so after that ill take a drive down to the closest store and see what they think.