Video Conversion using Handbrake.

Droid3720

Reaction score
K3b on arch linux and have ripped many to my bionic.
Mobo player from market is my fav.

LiNuX ftw!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Moboplayer works great.

Artreas

Reaction score
I receive the following error when trying to import. "the preset file you selected appears to be invalid or from an older version of Handbreak. does anyone have a newer preset?

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I receive the following error when trying to import. "the preset file you selected appears to be invalid or from an older version of Handbreak. does anyone have a newer preset?

Have you updated your version of handbrake? Goto the handbrake website and see if your version is up to date.

makoti

Reaction score
Hey Droid69,

I know Handbrake is free (used to use it for ripping DVDs on my Mac for my iPod Touch), but you may want to try DVD Catalyst. It's not free, but only about 10 dollars. Their customer support is great and the latest build of the software has settings for the Droid Bionic, including a HD version!

Jstwondrng

+1. Have used it to convert vids for the Bionic and a NookColor & NC Tablet. Worked really well, and support is outstanding. E-mails usually answered within 24 hours. Worth $10, easy.

Artreas

Reaction score
I was using the current free version off their site and the config import settings would not work.

Vector850

Reaction score
I've been tuning PhotomF's presets for my own use. I found that turning off advanced settings and getting close to the h.264 Baseline Profile (BP) helped during action scenes, where the bitrate spike overwhelms the stock player. Though subjective, I thought the player was stuttering during these times. In HandBrake, I turned off CABAC, and the 8x8 transform, and weighted P frames under the advanced settings. I suspect this will also help XOOM users, but I don't have a XOOM to try it out.

That said, the bionic supports more than the BP. At the moment, I have 1 reference frame, but 16 consecutive b-frames, and am still tuning a little.

I have one preset for film, and one for anime, because I also used the x264 recommended tunings listed here:
https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19426

Beware - my i7-720 1.6 GHz quad core can only do ~17-23 fps on the encoding with these presets. I do overnight encodes, so I don't have to mind the time. Typically, I get about 800-1000 kbps for the video, at about 720x480 resolution, due to using VBR (constant quality) of RF 23.
View attachment BionicProfiles.zip