Vibrate Help!!

Pacersfan316

Reaction score
Cant believe im having a problem with this....i have the phone setting where it only vibrates on silent but the txt message setting has vibrate notification on but when i have sound on i dont want it to vibrate but if i turn off the vibrate setting in txt message when the phone is on silent it wont vibrate even though i have it checked on the phone setting. If i uncheck the vibrate in txt message when silent is on it wont vibrate.

Just want it to vibrate with sound off and not to vibrate with sound on what do i do?!!

DocsDad

Reaction score
Cant believe im having a problem with this....i have the phone setting where it only vibrates on silent but the txt message setting has vibrate notification on but when i have sound on i dont want it to vibrate but if i turn off the vibrate setting in txt message when the phone is on silent it wont vibrate even though i have it checked on the phone setting. If i uncheck the vibrate in txt message when silent is on it wont vibrate.

Just want it to vibrate with sound off and not to vibrate with sound on what do i do?!!

- Maybe I am confused but I was thinking a smart action rule would allow you to toggle this manually.

- Also, in the phone settings/sound... you can set vibrate "only in silent mode".

Sorry in advance if I am missing something or you already tried this.

---

Now that I re-read your post it looks like you tried it. Sorry. I usually leave mine to vibrate even with sound on.

Last edited:

pointman

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone find a solution to this?

I want SMS to vibrate only when ringtone is set to vibrate. I don't want it to vibrate when sound is on, or when in silent mode.