very unsatisfied with youtube

chromashadows

Reaction score
Ever since I got my Droid, I noticed youtube is awful! the vids are all pixelized, the screen is SO tiny and there are no options to make them full screen. Most won't load and if they do, it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to load just a few seconds before it stops playing. i miss my Curve for the youtube vids. They may have been little but they always ran from start to end immediately. Shame droid. For being a great phone, this is my first but major major complaint and disgust with you. I thought this phone was supossed to be tops for watching vids, movies, etc.:mad:

smrivera80

Reaction score
I have literally not had any of those problems. I'm sorry to hear that you're having them. I find that although I'm not viewing videos full screen on YouTube, they are pretty clear and they load super fast for me. Do you have 2.1?

JCo352

Reaction score
When you're in a video, push the menu soft button, click quality, then touch, watch in HQ

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
or just root your droid and apply the YouTube HQ hack so it opens to HQ as default

-=Jason=-

JCo352

Reaction score
or just root your droid and apply the YouTube HQ hack so it opens to HQ as default

-=Jason=-

I'm not rooted, and my youtube app automatically opens in HQ, ever since I chose that option.

Chris-pee

Reaction score

-=Jason=-

I'm not rooted, and my youtube app automatically opens in HQ, ever since I chose that option.

iirc, you have to change that the "Watch in high quality " setting every video. Root it, forget about it. Does it look bad on wifi also?

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

JCo352

Reaction score

-=Jason=-

iirc, you have to change that the "Watch in high quality " setting every video. Root it, forget about it. Does it look bad on wifi also?

I don't know what you remember, but my youtube app plays in HQ all the time, without me having to change it every time. If I go back to that setting, it says "watch in normal quality". And again, I'm not rooted.

Chris-pee

Reaction score

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Great viewing here. But however, the HQ setting does not stick for me as I have to go into settings every time and change it.