Droid will not boot

zac_king

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid will not boot, it just goes to the Motorola screen and stays there for about 20-30 seconds and then goes off and then comes right back on and repeats this. and if it is on the charger it will does this all night. And it will not charge i have to use my brothers phone to charge the battery and then swap the batteries.
Please Help Me!

This is a video of what my phone does when i try to turn it on.

[video=youtube;m6tTun2Ik8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6tTun2Ik8g[/video]

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
well if your rooted and can get into the recovery then you should be fine by restoring a backup or flashing a new rom

if your stock try and boot into the boot loader (holding up on the dpad when turning on the phone then release after a few seconds) and root your phone then go back to stock (unrooted) if you dont want root

here is a guide

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

OP
Z

zac_king

Reaction score
I did that and installed sbrecovery and then installed the jrummy remix and is said install was complete and i tried to reboot my phone but it is still happening.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
hmm i wouldnt know what to do then you should have a mod move this to the rescue squad they would be able to help you out

but it should be fixable as long as you can get into the recovery so you dont have to worry

OP
Z

zac_king

Reaction score
yea i figured i would be able to do something since i could get to the recovery menu but i have tried almost everything i even tried to recover it back to the 2.01 and it still did the same thing

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In January my phone kept rebooting. If I unlocked it using the slide lock it would stay booted up until the screen timed out and then down it would go and then the cycle would start again. I called Verizon and they had me do a factory reset and still it rebooted. This phone had never been rooted. I had them document it all on the phone and headed into a store. They saw the notes on my account, also tried the factory reset and then broke out a "certified like-new" replacement phone for me.

If your phone is back to totally stock and it still is doing this there isn't much more that can be done. You pm'd me saying you tried another battery and it still continues rebooting, so the battery isn't the issue.

If you really want to keep the droid 1 you may have to check at a couple of stores. Otherwise you may be getting a different phone for a replacement. You might be able to argue the droid 2 is a closer match to your current phone if they are all out of droid 1 replacements and you don't want a Droid X

Let us know what happens.

edit: missed your op where you say you swap batteries. I thought swapping did no good, but it looks like you swap them until it dies then you swap again. If you keep swapping them it indicates your brother's phone is charging the battery. Does a fresh battery let the phone work for a few hours until the battery runs down?

usb charger and wall charger...white led lit up on the side of your phone while charging?

OP
Z

zac_king

Reaction score
My friend gave me the phone because it was doing this and he bought a new one. And i already went to verizon they said since i did no buy it from them they could not replace it and the white light does come on when i plug into the usb but not the wall charger