Verizon's Motorola Droid DOES include MultiTouch and Pinch & Zoom

ictdog

Reaction score
Just downloaded Dolphin from the Market and I am having a ball with the pinch-n-zoom and the tabs in the browser. Fast app also!!

ltfrakes

Reaction score
redwood, thanks for the post re Dolphin. I have DL'ed as well, and I am very happy with the features. P&Z is great, but also the highlight and copy. Great stuff!

Jorakal

Reaction score
I've made the Dolphin browser my default. It works great. Pinch and zoom is useful.

cb2000a

Reaction score
I tried the Dolphin browser, but pinch to zoom is not for me. I like the double tap. Its good to have the option though.

Xerozix

Reaction score
I'm done with hearing the little indian kid at my school from saying "THE DROID IS A ****TY PIECE OF ****".

I'll show them Dolphin browser. After that, how about I show them how I can actually zoom with my camera and retain quality. Whats more is I can find out where the hell I am rather than being 50 feet off in the middle of a lake. Hmm, can I text using 3 keyboards on the iPhone? Can my phone vibrate to give you that feeling of being locked in when typing? Does it have an accurate word choice? Nope.

The only thing I CAN'T do is get signal in my cafeteria while AT&T get 5 bars. I'm working on a way to hide an AT&T jammer in my backpack to screw over the stupid iPhone users.

Also, I'd love to see a way to turn off the stupid arrow thing on the bottom and put all the apps on the home screen. It took a little bit to get used to that but I'd much rather be able to just access the apps on my home screen rather than bringing up the bottom, scrolling down, and finally finding the app that I'm looking for.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
Too bad the Iphone is stuck on the AT&T network. It's a good phone, but a crappy provider. And then there is Apple. All the hype and great marketing mean you still are stuck with their lousy customer service, non-replaceable battery, no SD card, lower screen res and camera. Must be tough for someone who has bought into all the Apple dribble.

Xerozix

Reaction score
The only thing they know how to do is try and bash the droid with points that are no longer there :p Multi touch browsing, etc.

We're also missing out with iTunes syncing, but I personally don't use iTunes that much on my windows PCs, only use it on my mac.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Geez! These points are on a role!

Can you listen to pandora while browsing the net on the iPhone? Nope. No multi tasking except maybe listening to your music on your library.

Can you sit there and actually play a real 3D game? Nope, looks like a piece of crap if you try it.

The only thing we're missing that could be of some use is iHeartRadio. No idea if that's being ported for the droid.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
There is always the Motorolla Media Link. I'd still like the Itune option, but I am good with the MML sync.

jthorpe

Reaction score
What is it with pinch and zoom anyways? I don't get the hype. I've tried it on an iPhone and hate it. I like how the Droid is setup now, and hope it doesn't change! Flame away. I'm probably the only one on earth who could care less about it. lol