Verizon's Motorola Droid DOES include MultiTouch and Pinch & Zoom

styleznma

Reaction score
I switched to the dolphin browser few days ago just for the multitouch, plus it has custom gestures and tabbed windows, plus can change theme. Is there a better brower put there?

styleznma

Reaction score
One doesn't have anything to do with the other. As Picsay and Dolphin have proven, Multi-touch IS on the phone, it's just not part of the native apps. The API in the SDK has the capability to let third party developers use Multi-touch, Google/Motorola just choose NOT to implement it in THEIR software. I'm pretty sure you'll see a multi-touch keyboard soon, but some folks think this latest one may already be multi-touch. I'm so slow at typing on my phone that I don't notice the difference.

I read that verizon and google opt out of advertising multitouch and default browser multitouch actions like pinch & zoom, to save any law suites from apple and at&t. But having third party software that unleashes certain multitouch functions gives verizon google an awesome phone with a fav functionality with avoidance of lawsuite. Makes sense, just will take a while before its wide spread to general public

Xerozix

Reaction score
I'd really like being able to have multi-touch on the navigation system.

Wonder if we can modify the APK or something for that.

moneymatt

Reaction score
Just wanted to add.. The BEST pinch and zoom i've seen on the Droid is with PhoneMyPc, an app to control your computer's desktop remotely...

Ridiculously smooth!

$Matt

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I wonder if you change browers if you could get the pinch zoom to work then.
If you go to the market and search dolphin, download the dolphin browser. Its has pinch to zoom and you can download youtube videos with it

mattsonian

Reaction score
pinch And zoom

I though I remember reading about it somewhere. Dolphin's great. I think it's a little faster than the pre-loaded browser as well.

histerp

Reaction score
Cool Dan. Thanks, I'm a new owner of Droid and just trying to learn some things on it. Yikes too much....

droidreppa

Reaction score
i havent read this whole post so if someone said this already im sorry. If you download the dolphin browser from the android market on your driod you can pinch zoom. You have to pinch zoom on all your webpages