Verizon to get iphone after all?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the forum is caught up on frozen yogurt right now. Its back and forth yea/nay. If vzw officially announce it the I guess yes.

OP
ljprevo

ljprevo

Reaction score
Just heard about this on the local news as well

korp

Reaction score
Word is that Apple has a CDMA version which would be vzw. 2011 is when we are supposedly going to see it but who knows. Att is having more and more problems for Apple in ordering the product and now bad service on the iPhone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dman59

Reaction score
The blogs are buzzing with this information!!!! Just seen it on our local news channel. Supposedly, it will be one of the phones that will be working on the 4g network first if this is true.

Reaction score
People its just not going to happen these rumors pop up all the time and i guarantee u that you will most likely NEVER see an iphone on Verizon.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
People its just not going to happen these rumors pop up all the time and i guarantee u that you will most likely NEVER see an iphone on Verizon.

I think Apple started the rumor to take heat off of the gen 4 iphone problems.....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sorry To Shatter Your Dreams, But Dreams of iPhone On Verizon Are Of The Pipe

by John Biggs on June 30, 2010

apple-iphone.jpeg

Tell me “I told you so” in six months, but Bloomberg’s exciting news that two dudes said something about the iPhone coming to Verizon is false until we see hardware and there has been no hardware.

Apple picked GSM because it is an international standard. CDMA, the system used by Verizon and Sprint, is about as international as American beer – both are considered weak and both are reviled. Picking AT&T in this case was the only way Apple could reach a mass audience quickly without having two separate phone SKUs on the books – one for us and one for the rest of the world. AT&T has also been a good partner in terms of odd pricing systems including a la carte data. From a business perspective, it made sense.

Apple doesn’t innovate, per se. They make existing technologies better. If you recall, the first iPhone wasn’t 3G even though 3G was popular. It’s because they wanted to first inject something good on the market.

The next iPhone had no front-facing camera although they had existed for years. It’s because they wanted to perfect the process of face-to-face calling. Howl all you want about your janky Nokia from 2002 with face chat: how many wireless face-to-face video chats on a cellphone had you ever experienced before Facetime? Approximately zero?

To that end, the possibility of bouncing off into CDMA/LTE/WiMax is highly suspect. First, they’d never go 4G/WiMax until it’s an established standard available everywhere.

Consider, also, the audience for Verizon phones – an audience that rarely travels abroad and is looking for the lowest price possible. Verizon just slashed prices on Microsoft’s abysmal Kin phones without Microsoft’s input and I doubt Apple would accept that sort of guff from any carrier. AT&T, at the very least, has been very amenable to changes in the age-old structure of the carrier universe.

But look: you guys need a little cheering up. Here’s a rumor I heard from “two reliable sources:” the iPhone will come to all carriers! They’ll have two radios built-in and two SIM cards and a keyboard and come in multiple colors and include a bumper case! And they’ll be free with contract with all carriers! Take that to the SEC and smoke it, Bloomberg.

techcrunch.com

jawa6969

Reaction score
When Iphone Invades Verizon

What is going to happen to our stellar service? Any speculations?

BTW, I didn't see a forum for this type of discussion so I hope it's ok to put here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no official announcements just he said no, she said yes. We will have to wait until its official.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's ok to talk about. :)

We've been hearing rumors for a long time regarding the iPhone coming to VZW.

Don't believe it til you see it.

bje1982

Reaction score
I think hes asking about the "service" if Verizon gets the Iphone..
Maybe related to the issues ATT had because of people using too much data and it caused service issues..
Am I right?