Verizon signed off on official gb for droid x!

zero7404

Reaction score
questions: why wont any of the leaks allow users to update ota? the article says the phone must be bumped to the non-rooted 595.

also, what overall differences/additions have been made between the official 596 and the leaks?

sent via android

modisch

Reaction score
So if I'm on a rooted .340 rom (liberty 2.0.1), what is the best path to being ready to receive the ota?

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So if I'm on a rooted .340 rom (liberty 2.0.1), what is the best path to being ready to receive the ota?

-m

Just flash your stock root backup to receive update. So when you first rooted your phone im assuming you made a backup just flash that then pull update you will lose root though.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

modisch

Reaction score

-m

Just flash your stock root backup to receive update. So when you first rooted your phone im assuming you made a backup just flash that then pull update you will lose root though.

Yah, I have a nandroid from pre-flashing.

So I don't need to be root-less to get the update? Good to know. I thought I'd have to sbf.

Hrm... Now to ponder if I want to be without root for a week... Yearning for latest and greatest versus yearning for root. I suppose I could wait until a rooted .596 is available.

-m

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score

-m

Yah, I have a nandroid from pre-flashing.

So I don't need to be root-less to get the update? Good to know. I thought I'd have to sbf.

Hrm... Now to ponder if I want to be without root for a week... Yearning for latest and greatest versus yearning for root. I suppose I could wait until a rooted .596 is available.

-m

The ota gb is already rootable.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pray my d2 will get this ota although I'm loving liberty 2.0.1. Is stock unrooted gb that much better with its bulky blur than my lightning fast liberty? I guess ill see...

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Whem does it come out have people already gotten it?

Possibly next friday they are suppose to test roll outs then it will go live but I assume someone will grab the files so people can just manually install so we dont have to wait for the full roll out.

zero7404

Reaction score
i want to get on the official update when it's pushed, but if i go to the 595 no root update on my phone, will i be able to root it with gingerbreak ?

if there are bug fixes/enhancements since 591, then i'll do it. if not then i doubt i'll update at all ... if anyone has loaded 595, could you pls mention what's changed since the leaks ?

Reaction score
If you are on 588 or 591..............you will not get the OTA update.

In order to get the OTA update, you need to be on Stock Froyo or Stock 595 GB.

Steve

zero7404

Reaction score
i've asked 2 times in this thread, either no one knows or no one cares ....

seems people are looking to download but don't know what differences/enhancements/fixes were made (if any) ...

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

seems people are looking to download but don't know what differences/enhancements/fixes were made (if any) ...

I have no idea.....I don't even know what version I am running nor how to find out. My system version is 4.5.153.A955 whatever that means.

Reaction score
If you are on 588 or 591, there is no pathway to the official OTA update.
591 and 595 really didn't change much from 588, it was small fixes and changes to get ready for the official update.
The 588 file was approx. 112mb, while the 591 and 595 files were both under 10mb.

Steve

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What you do is you download it and find out for yourself.

I'm not saying that to be rude, really. If Verizon is sending an update it's a mandatory update so it will either nag you until you install or just install it anyway.

Here's the thing about updates: I've seen lots of them on many different phones and I know one thing to be certain. You will see more negative comments about any update then you will positive ones. Why? People will complain more then praise. Froyo was loved until the official version came out and all of a sudden people hated it. Most of the time it was simply a case of something else going on (coincidence), user error, or the occasional bad OTA download.

So what I'm trying to say to you is I have used Gingerbread, I enjoyed it. It was not without some issues but that was not an official version. Give it a try and make up your own mine, don't go by peoples opinions in Forums.