DROIDX Finally Receiving Gingerbread Bug Fixer in Mid-August?

barski

Reaction score

We are all well aware that the Gingerbread update for the original DROIDX probably caused more problems than it fixed. While it brought some of the performance goodness that comes with Android 2.3 and a shiny blue UI, there were enough bugs included to force Motorola into holding the rest of their GB builds back for devices like the DROID2, Global and Pro. The good news is that Verizon support and Motorola have acknowledged it and are expecting it to be ready in mid-August.
We have forwarded your information to Motorola. They were able to duplicate the issue on their end.
As of 7/29/11 we have learned that it will be corrected with MR6 update. At this point, a target release date for this update is mid-August.
As soon as more information becomes available, we will be sure to post it here.
In the interim, if are turning the device off to avoid notification tones during your slumber, you may want to put the device on silent until we get the resolution.
TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
Good news, right? Mid-August is really only a week or two away, so be on the lookout.

Source: Droid-Life

Via: VZW Forums

BetoVazq

Reaction score
To late had to many issues with my DROID x that they sent me DROID X2

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
We'll see how this one goes. I'll probably never use it though.

CM74DX

jmorton10

Reaction score
We'll see how this one goes. I'll probably never use it though.

CM74DX

No reason I would ever use it either. My system runs so perfectly with Liberty v.08 I have absolutely no reason to change anything.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Wonder if this will make it Android version 2.3.4. I just played with a DROID 3 the other day and that's what it had installed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wonder if this will make it Android version 2.3.4. I just played with a DROID 3 the other day and that's what it had installed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I don't think so, but I've been wrong before.

I'm on Android 2.3.5 ;)

CM74DX

zero7404

Reaction score
they say mid-august ... ill have to check df in a week and see if its been released.

not sure if i will get the notification or not because im using tbh's rooted gingerbread .... maybe tbh will have the update rooted and available same day as release? lets see ....

sent via android

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He's usually pretty good about that.

It will be cool because it will stimulate more ROM development for the X.

CM74DX

jeff5347

Reaction score
Just wondering here. I have the rooted GB .596. If they have the new GB update and that is able to root, is there any reason to not add that and get rid of the current GB root

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wondering here. I have the rooted GB .596. If they have the new GB update and that is able to root, is there any reason to not add that and get rid of the current GB root

The problem with that plan is that the currently OTA is unrootable. The new one will most likely also be unrootable.

MIUI

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
To late had to many issues with my DROID x that they sent me DROID X2

How did you pull that off... what problems have you been having?

If you get 5 junk phones of the same kind they will give you a different phone.

I've also heard they will let you choose a newly released Droid 3.

BetoVazq

Reaction score
Well it was my 4th device I just told them that I was tired of these phones and wanted a different device. U have to go through the supervisor when u call.