Project Fi Invites Delayed Until Mid-Summer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Project-Fi-Google-logo.jpg

Here's another story that could indirectly involve Motorola Nexus 6 owners. If you are the proud owner of said device and were looking forward to getting an invite to Google's Project Fi wireless cell service, you might be disappointed to know that the invites have been delayed until mid-summer. Apparently, Google received so many sign-up requests they are having trouble keeping up. Here's their statement,

"We're sending invites as quickly as we can, while ensuring a high-quality experience. Given the number of requests we've received, we currently estimate that it will take until mid-summer to get to everyone."

Google also shared that it plans to share a method to track your invite status within the next few weeks. We will keep you updated.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What price progress? It's obviously a very exciting new platform and so the response would be excessive. I hope it comes and if it does I may very well transfer my phone numbers off of Verizon after 21 years and instead over to Google that's my new carrier.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Depending on Cost and Coverage in my Area and of Course Supported Devices, I may leave VZW after 13yrs myself. I do have family members looking to jump of my Family Plan to check out MetroPCS as soon as their Contracts End.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Received this myself. Very disappointed as I can't wait to put this on an older 4G device I have to test it before I give up my unlimited VZW plan.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I said this when the service was announced, but I'm glad to see they're not just flooding themselves. Sure, if they had better coverage in my area, I'd wanna be the first one on the service, but there's something to be said for doing it slow and steady and making sure there aren't any kinks that need working out before they've got TONS of users impacted.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree...definitely something you'd want to "test" first before completely dumping your current carrier.
No coverage in my area, but I look forward to hearing what you guys think once this comes to fruition.

S5 tap'n

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
I received that email. It doesn't say that invites are delayed only that it will take until mid-summer to get through all of them. Invites will continue to be processed slowly. They say it will take until mid-summer to get to everyone not that it will take until then to get to anyone.