Verizon replaced my MAXX now Icon problem

Steve H

Reaction score
I was at the Verizon store the other day and while there my phone started to make a clicking noise. The rep asked me if that was "normal", told him I had never heard nor seen this before. He said "well then you are getting a new phone. I was not going to argue seeing as though every phone I have ever had only last about a year and this one was getting close. Yesterday the "new" replacement arrives and the switch over goes well EXCEPT....................................on my old MAXX all of my web site one touch shortcuts had their own personalized icon. Now the only way I can find to put short cut icons on one of the screens is to bookmark it and use the bookmark widget to save it to a screen. By doing it this way each short cut is now a generic icon and not the one that each web site it represents used to show on the old phone. Anyone know how to get the phone to show the icons that each web site showed on my old phone?

Last edited:

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen with my phone -- each time you visit a website their website address gif, if they use one, will load to your cache and be associated with the link.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
From what I have seen with my phone -- each time you visit a website their website address gif, if they use one, will load to your cache and be associated with the link.

Pretty much what I thought but it's not happening.